Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brits tonight.. yawn

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
russell bland talking out of his ass most of the night..

lauren laverne (or was that fearne cotton? hard to tell the difference) trying to gee up the winners, and keep them from the bar.. vet she regretted taking this gig.

jarvis cocker trying to be jimmy saviile (now then, now then)

one of the fratellis sounding a LOT like billy connolly.

joss stone - and she probably was.. diva wanabee, but not quite working it (nice dress though..)

amy winehouse - wtf?? mumbling along, looking like she needed a pee.

oasis- load of manc ingrates, as per usual.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Only tuned in to see if Corinne BR did do the Leeds United stuff she promised. And she did! :clap2: :clap2:

Didn't pay any attention to the rest, it's a cringe fest generally.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
desprateseagull said:

amy winehouse - wtf?? mumbling along, looking like she needed a pee.

oasis- load of manc ingrates, as per usual.

I thought Amy Winehouse put on a well good show. Her music isn't intended for such a large arena. Her voice is bloody amazing. Recognise.

Oasis. Well, what did you expect? Do you really think they give a f*** about a Brit award? They aren't going to stand there thanking Britannia and Mastercard and all the sponsors for hours on end, they never have. Noel and Liam are far from ingrates anyway. Listen to Noel's interview for Newsnight, it's on the BBC website, he says some very astute stuff.

Thought some of the stage set ups where wicked, Scissor Sisters and Corrine Bailey Rae most noticably (sp?).

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
They cut off the final Oasis track, which would have been one of their best:nono:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It was pretty poor from what i saw. Corinne Bailey Rae was the best thing i saw on it. Oasis have never cared about the Brits and rightly so. it's a pile of commercial shite. Why Take That are supposed to wish Robbie well mystifies me as well

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Re: Re: Brits tonight.. yawn

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I thought Amy Winehouse put on a well good show. Her music isn't intended for such a large arena. Her voice is bloody amazing. Recognise.

Oasis. Well, what did you expect? Do you really think they give a f*** about a Brit award? They aren't going to stand there thanking Britannia and Mastercard and all the sponsors for hours on end, they never have. Noel and Liam are far from ingrates anyway. Listen to Noel's interview for Newsnight, it's on the BBC website, he says some very astute stuff.

Thought some of the stage set ups where wicked, Scissor Sisters and Corrine Bailey Rae most noticably (sp?).

You sure? I can't see it on their interviews A-Z.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I thought she made it worthwhile.......

furtado_nelly256.jpg

:love:

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Dougal said:
joss stone f***ed me right off, hope her career goes down the pan and she ends up in rehab

Yeah, and when did she become a yank!! She is such a twat now.

Still would tho

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
did anyone notice no black people won anything?

Is that why they have MOBO awards...so Black artists get something ?

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Dave the Gaffer said:
did anyone notice no black people won anything?

Is that why they have MOBO awards...so Black artists get something ?

Coz its the Brits, black people aren't british.

*gets coat and runs*

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Dougal said:
joss stone f***ed me right off, hope her career goes down the pan and she ends up in rehab

Didn't see it, what did she say/do?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
bhafc99 said:
Didn't see it, what did she say/do?

im sure couple years ago she was a british girl , had a normal fella and was very grounded and humble.

She comes out last night strutting around like a hooker on acid. Could tell she really loved herself. Then when she opens her mouth she has the broadast american accent you can imagine .... WTF

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Take That stole the show with their marvelous rendition of the excellent Patience.

Robbie Williams must have been distraught to see " Fatty " Barlow steal his limelight. :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here