Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brits tonight.. yawn

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Joss Stone - oh dear. What's happened to the innocent, flighty Devon girl of 2 years ago? Look to me like we've now got the coked up Hollywood wannabe version.

Winehouse - either dance or stand still girl, but don't FIDGET! Interesting voice, but worse moves than ever you'd see in your local karaoke bar.

The Fratellis = A poor man's Libertines.

Arctic Monkeys - Wankers for not turning up and collecting their 2 awards. No excuse offered. Poor show.

Russell Brand and Scissor Sisters were interesting, Oasis good at the end but other than that a disappointment.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Pavilionaire said:

Arctic Monkeys - Wankers for not turning up and collecting their 2 awards. No excuse offered. Poor show.

Seriously? Maybe they don't care for the Brits? Maybe having played it last year they thought they had done their bit for the most commercial award show of them all?

And what did you expect Winehouse to do exactly? She's not their to dance, she's there to sing and does it well?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I expected her to move at least vaguely in time to her music, but then given it was tuneless cod-jazz I suppose that's not easy.

She looked like she'd followed thru and didn't want to brown her g-string any more than was necessary. And don't get me started on her ill-fitting beehive wig...

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I was listening with my daughter to Radio One (in a 15 mile jam on the M25) yesterday - and Lily Allen hap a pop at Corinne BR saying she hoped she didn't win anything as it was such an exciting time for music and it would be a step back if Corinne BR won - can any of you young dudes explain what was that all about ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If you though Dido was a one-trick pony then check out Lily Allen for limited vocal range...

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Pavilionaire said:
If you though Dido was a one-trick pony then check out Lily Allen for limited vocal range...

I quite enjoy her songs though, although the swearing is unecessary.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
Russell Brand is a cock.

Didnt see it but wasnt he making jokes about friendly fire?

Well not really. The joke was something about playing shirts vs skins so that each could recognise eachother and that maybe the British and the Americans should do that so they knew who they were firing at or summat. I can't see in anyway it could have been construed as offensive to be honest.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Brand did nothing wrong on that score, and stayed the right side of the line. Sadly, it reflects the lack of on-stage incident that they twist one remark of the presenter. Bring back Fox and Fleetwood....

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Dave the Gaffer said:
did anyone notice no black people won anything?

Is that why they have MOBO awards...so Black artists get something ?

Brits are seemingly open to everyone (even the Yanks?!)
-but imagine the furore if there was a MOWO show?

surely if the music is good, who CARES about the background of the person what wote it?

a rather non PC joke springs to mind, but this is not the time nor place..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here