Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Britain's Got Talent - Johnathan Antoine

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It was edited in (as it was last time) and will have final clearance on everything that goes out.

I don't think the prejudice was edited though. Do I think Cowell judges people on initial looks. Yes, absolutely. Anyway let's not get off topic.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I don't think the prejudice was edited though. Do I think Cowell judges people on initial looks. Yes, absolutely. Anyway let's not get off topic.

What are you talking about ? It isn't live. It exactly the effect he wants. He isn't interested in looks, he is interested in cash.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Rather surprising Simon Cowell saying about the choir that he had never ever heard the song Calon Lan does he only listen to the music his company or his artists make.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Where are Rick Waller and Michelle McManus these days? Cowell clearly knew the kid was going to be good and his comment was edited in. Garbage TV.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What are you talking about ? It isn't live. It exactly the effect he wants. He isn't interested in looks, he is interested in cash.

We seem to be getting off topic here. All I wanted to do is say I thought he was amazing. That's all really.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
We seem to be getting off topic here. All I wanted to do is say I thought he was amazing. That's all really.

Yes he was good, but my point was - whats interesting about this programme is that its a bit of a free for all. Stick anyone up there who can sing and the audience get sucked in. The theatre audience are obviously quite brain dead and probably never been to the opera in their lives.

They booed because someone was German....

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

Which he was. So it'll be all the more a shame when another f***ing dance act wins. Not that I really watch it :)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yes he was good, but my point was - whats interesting about this programme is that its a bit of a free for all. Stick anyone up there who can sing and the audience get sucked in. The theatre audience are obviously quite brain dead and probably never been to the opera in their lives.

I agree with the whole maniplulation thing absolutely and also thought the " here we go " comment from Cowell may have been edited in. I am afraid what cannot be manipulated is the stupidity of some of the British public.

seagull1981

Blue & White Forever
Aug 8, 2010
He leaves those things in there (prejudice) so everyone will comment even if its something like a football forum :D

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

Hang on....I think a fair amount of people have never been to the opera in their lives...I know I haven't (mainly because I can't abide it)

edit: And I'd imagine they booed because the big signs saying 'Boo now' lit up....

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Hang on....I think a fair amount of people have never been to the opera in their lives...I know I haven't (mainly because I can't abide it)

Neither have I - but my point was that when somebody with actual talent appears - the reaction to their talent can be somewhat amplified. The programme plays on that entirely, with Cowells comments and shots to people crying in the audience.

It's extremely contrived, but obviously very clever.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Neither have I - but my point was that when somebody with actual talent appears - the reaction to their talent can be somewhat amplified. The programme plays on that entirely, with Cowells comments and shots to people crying in the audience.

It's extremely contrived, but obviously very clever.
oh OK...fair play then :thumbsup: Although I'm not sure 'very clever' is necessary unfortunately.....'clever' maybe...or simply 'thought about it for a bit'.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I hear all the cynical stuff, but the reaction of the audience was because the voice was so amazing from a 17 year old. He also had a very cool Jimi Hendrix t shirt on. Good luck to him and his friend Charlotte who seems to have taken some v unreasonable stick when she must know herself that her voice isn't as good but she's encouraged him to perform. If people don't want to watch the show, don't!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I hear all the cynical stuff, but the reaction of the audience was because the voice was so amazing from a 17 year old. He also had a very cool Jimi Hendrix t shirt on. Good luck to him and his friend Charlotte who seems to have taken some v unreasonable stick when she must know herself that her voice isn't as good but she's encouraged him to perform. If people don't want to watch the show, don't!

Yes, hope he does well - seriously.

.. and Ant and Dec make me laugh. A lot.

Upper Library

Feb 25, 2011
Worthing
Amazing voice no question - what I can't stand is that Simon Cowell is now the leading authority in singing in this country! This is someone who first appeared on our screens as a contestant in blind date!

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
It's the " fat must be talentless " attitude which unfortunately is the way some people think so I am glad he rammed in down their throats.

On the other hand if Seubo had been 'average' looking - I do not think that anybody would have noticed her. She is a good singer but not great, just a bit mad and funny looking. Not that I know much about opera but the lad last night did sound good, I think his size might actually be important for the tone of his voice.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here