Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City tickets

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I am trying to buy them and I click checkout and it just goes back to checkout. I am seriously losing patients with this online ticket sales. Anyone else having problems?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I can't get with this online ordering... have fun in Brizzle next week.

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
Check your purchase history; I was having the same issue then noticed it had processed when I looked at this section but could not be sure as had no confirmation etc - I was having some doubts and then two days later I phoned my wife to check credit card and before I asked she informed me the tickets had arrived.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Trouble is mate I hit it about 4 times and they are talking 200 quid or more, I only tried for two, and I haven't got past checkout. This is a seriously f***ed up ticket situation.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Apparently it is not available right now and try again later... the club need to find a decent provider, I moaned about this yesterday... it is horrendous.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I just emailed the jokers that claim they do a great service for their customers and they don't accept an email address... whatever you put in gets rejected. I hate people like this, think I will ask BHA to take my details off of their server... Gaddafi is more transparent.

Aug 4, 2011
Try ringing the ticket office? Think the online service has been crazily busy with all the Liverpool / Crystal Palace / Leicester tickets all going on sale around the same time.. Think its chilled out now.. You can go on and check what you have purchased. If you have more tickets than you should then - give the club a call and im sure they're reinburse you. Or you could just sell them on here? Im sure will be ok mate.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I can't be bothered waiting 45 minutes on the phone to be honest. They have just lost my money and support for the Brizzle game. I just tried again and same thing happened. They need to sort out their online web providers as I fear I am not the only one that eventually gives up.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
I know its not perfect and I suffer the same problems as you have describe here from time to time. You have to accept that the internet is a volitile entity. I work for a mail order company and we suffer no end of problems with our website for all sorts of reasons. Our customers often ring up complaining that the checkout has gone wrong or they cant log on for one reason or another. Personally on the whole I find the ticket website a hell of a lot more practical than spending hours on the phone trying to get hold of the one member of staff manning the phone. Or worse sweating on a postal order that i have no confirmation even reached the ticket office let alone get processed. I much prefer to use with the internet at my own leisure to buy tickets.

Its still quite early days for this system really. I see no need to throw all the toys out the pram and just say the sites not working this instant so I am not going. If all else fails it sounds like there will be tickets on the gate.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not throwing toys out of pram mate... I am a web developer by trade and I really do see the faults with the back and front end of this site. There's been absolutely no thought gone into it. From numbers hitting the site, to easy and intuitive navigation. It looks to me like a web site put together by an amateur. And for every £52 they lose (as they have with me), then the worse off the club is. The big sites like Amazon, eBay, et al get it right, even the smaller websites with a shopping function tend to get it right. This is a third rate website that has had time to get it right. I just fear, amongst all my gripes about it, that it will be hacked and details passed on. It really does look possible when you consider the track record so far.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Lol, Excellent, I put in my 10 pence worth and run straight into an expert on the subject, typical. The point you make about it being hacked is a very good one though. Lets hope if it happens its the same guy that did the playstation network as he already has all my details.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Not throwing toys out of pram mate... I am a web developer by trade and I really do see the faults with the back and front end of this site. There's been absolutely no thought gone into it. From numbers hitting the site, to easy and intuitive navigation. It looks to me like a web site put together by an amateur. And for every £52 they lose (as they have with me), then the worse off the club is. The big sites like Amazon, eBay, et al get it right, even the smaller websites with a shopping function tend to get it right. This is a third rate website that has had time to get it right. I just fear, amongst all my gripes about it, that it will be hacked and details passed on. It really does look possible when you consider the track record so far.

The club haven't lost out on £52 have they though?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
So Bristol City have lost £52 then? The Albion aren't really affected by you not going. Instead of writing 8 posts on this same subject why didn't you invest a small part of that time contacting the club and getting this issue sorted?

Because I shouldn't have to? And it isn't just about away games, it's about home games too and the amount of people that come on here literally tearing their hair out because of the online ticketing situation. Why should I phone them and wait up to 45 minutes to get a reply when I am supposed to go through a simple online process and book my tickets? It's defeating the object is it not?

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
Because I shouldn't have to? And it isn't just about away games, it's about home games too and the amount of people that come on here literally tearing their hair out because of the online ticketing situation. Why should I phone them and wait up to 45 minutes to get a reply when I am supposed to go through a simple online process and book my tickets? It's defeating the object is it not?

I get your point and understand the principled point you are making but with one phone call at least the problem will be sorted out for your account meaning it'll be easier for you in future?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
In all likelihood we wont sell the whole 2,000 allocation and tickets will be sent back to Bristol City so it will be POTG.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Well yeah they have lost something, if not the whole £52, because I'm not going now.

They've lost the £2 booking fee less the cost to the website provider and whatever handling fee BCFC give for selling the tickets (5% at most, sometimes nothing). f*** me, we'll have to call in the administrator soon. :facepalm:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I get your point and understand the principled point you are making but with one phone call at least the problem will be sorted out for your account meaning it'll be easier for you in future?

Rendering the online ticketing redundant. Pointless.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They've lost the £2 booking fee less the cost to the website provider and whatever handling fee BCFC give for selling the tickets (5% at most, sometimes nothing). f*** me, we'll have to call in the administrator soon. :facepalm:

And it isn't just about away games, it's about home games too and the amount of people that come on here literally tearing their hair out because of the online ticketing situation.

Keep up there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here