Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol city roll call

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
A guy from Bristol posted a handy load of info about Bristol on a Saturday, mainly saying get there early and approach from the West, as the city centre gets chocka on a Sat. afternoon...

Looking forward to this one :smile:

My first trip to Brizzol ... will look for that info ... any tips on pubs/parking?

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
My first trip to Brizzol ... will look for that info ... any tips on pubs/parking?

Here you go...

Bristol City fan comes in peace with local info

Hope you don't mind a Bristol City fan coming on your boards with some local info.
The Bristol City ticket office is a complete joke,for the last game against
Portsmouth, the the BCFC ticket only sent 1,000 tickets for an away end that holds 2,000.
Tickets for Brighton fans have not been put on sale yet,
but Bristol City have started selling tickets for home fans.
So if any one is in the know can they request Brighton and Hove Albion to ask Bristol City football club that they send the full 2,000 ticket allocation as soon as possible
So I hope as many of as possible can make the trip to Bristol on sat 10th September
Try to buy yer tickets in advance to get any discounts from your own ticket office
If you are bringing your children with you and they still look "YOUNGISH"(the children not you) up to about seven years of age speak to the chief steward or turnstile operator supervisor
before handing over your cash in the turnstiles.
No unkind comments please its your money I'm trying to keep in your pockets
If you are one of those fans who like to keep ticket stubs of your away games no ticket stubs are issued at the turnstiles,so buy your tickets in advance
We have a new ticket system at Ashton just put your purchased in advance ticket with the bar code towards the "HOLE" coloured portion facing upwards into said ticket machine
If you are coming by road use M4/M5 southbound to junction 18(Avonmouth) then follow signs A4 Bristol airport
It looks the long way round but traffic in central Bristol is awfull it is the height of the holiday season and you will see more caravan's that you have ever seen in your life.
A BIG WARNING please set out VERY VERY early otherwise you might end up missing the start of the game.
If you are coming by train
Try to use the the local railway station to parson street it takes you two thirds of the way to the ground by train,there is one an hour at XX:25 minutes past the hour which is a connection off the trains from London that leave at XX:30 past the hour as public transport to Ashton gate is very poor.
Although the light brown buse's behind the Atyeo stand will take you direct back to Bristol Temple Meads after the game
The ground is designated not smoking but there always seem to be load of fag ends by the toilet block.
PUBS best ones for away fans in any of the three on Cumberland Road near the motorway/road complex end of Cumberland Roadactually known as hotwells.
Casualty and Hobly City are filmed in the City don't ask me about either of the programmes cos I think their both crap
The young ones was also filmed in the BS7 area of the City
(actually its Bishopston)
Finally the block of flats on the right hand side as you are in the away end is "the" block of flats in "fools and horses"
The market scene where the footballers manaquins are cut into the wall are at the away end of the ground in the club car park
Bring yer camera and turn up early if you wanna take any photo's
Be prepared to be searched by the stewards.
Don't think their will be many Police at the game if Avon and Somerset Police are in attendance they will
be on "AWARENESS" excercise's.
Regarding the food outlet in the ground its crap, staffed by agency staff whose purpose is to do as little as possible
KFC can be seen from the away end(two minutes walk, honest) and sainsburys store is five minutes
with restaurant
Pubs possibly best ones are in the cumberland road basin area novia scotia pump house
no booze is sold in the ground
Buy your match day programme before you enter the your away end,which comes with a free copy of the local paper.
BBC Radio station is radio bristol which has frequenceys and 94:9 for your game against us.
If you want any further info,please ask.
See you all on 10 september

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Me + 1, tickets arrived on Saturday. Cannot wait - only have good memories of my past 2 away trips there.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Twelve of us coming up from Lyme, we have chartered a minibus for the day, it's going to be MEGA.

:O

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Looks like a definite just me and two grandsons so I have the choice to pay for 3 adult tickets via the club site (£75) or pay for one senior and two juniors on the gate (£40) - bit of a no-brainer really so looks like we will be rolling up early and hopefully benefit from some free street parking too :)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
is anybody going on the train? If so are there any deals and what time/route are you taking?

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
is anybody going on the train? If so are there any deals and what time/route are you taking?

From Brighton goto Southampton Central/Fratton then theres a direct temple meads train from there.
Book at First great westerns website if less than 4 of you, using advance tickets, or groupsave 4 if there is 4 of you traveling to together. With my railcard it cost me £21 but I booked ages ago.
Im getting the 11:10 from Southampton Central, leaving Lancing around 9ish

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here