Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City Opinions of the Amex

Again, who cares, Like someone said, it wasn't built for them. I couldn't give a shit about all those new stadia that were built in the 90's/00's, Boro, Sunderland, Soton, Reading etc, they're just someone else's ground, I'm not that impressed with Wembley (my favourite new away, god knows why, is Millwall) I love Falmer for one reason and it's for the same reason I used to love The Goldstone

I thought the atmosphere from the Albion supporters was excellent yesterday whereas the Bristol fans were appalling considering they had about 2,000 there. Mind you our team gave them nothing to shout about. Very much a sour grapes view IMO.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
I can confirm that the view from the top of the West Stand is terrific, that is until those types who jump to their feet when our players get close to our opponents goal area, a foul is committed against us,the referee gives a free kick against us or a song is started.When you can see very well sitting down for which you have paid for it is not only odd behavior but very unsociable.
It proved how good our first goal was as we saw it perfectly it took their defence and these odd types by surprise.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We pulled into Lewes and the doors wouldnt open and it was too crowded to get through to another carriage. It was one of the back carriages on a train leaving Falmer at about 5.45 and there was about 30-40 people who it affected. We changed platforms at Polegate which was the next stop after Lewes and about 2 mins later a Victoria train came in stopping at Lewes, Plumpton Wivlesfield and Haywards Heath. Whern we showed our travel voucher the conductor said the other carriage was full of peop[le who had done the same. So I wasn t pissed or fell asleep.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
There were Bristol City fans at the game? Can't say I noticed.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
People are loyal to their club mate, it's nothing to fret about.

For example the acid test of the palace... none of them would say a thing against their shithole for now, they'd point to 'history' and... 'atmosphere' i suppose (scraping the barrel) but give them a new ground and they would be on here every last one of them crowing about their new place, saying it was superior and all the bollocks about 'soulless' and 'concrete' (lol) would be forgotten in a blaze of high octane hypocrisy!

We love the AMEX. It is AMAZING LIKE f***. This is all that matters. That and the team currently gracing it... I f***ing love it.
Very well put.....my sediments exactly/.........yes spelling police ......did mean sediments.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I've just read through a few posts and I don't actually see anyone calling it a shit hole but actually making good points... stop being so bloody sensitive! They are saying nothing that Brighton fans haven't already said.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
We pulled into Lewes and the doors wouldnt open and it was too crowded to get through to another carriage. It was one of the back carriages on a train leaving Falmer at about 5.45 and there was about 30-40 people who it affected. We changed platforms at Polegate which was the next stop after Lewes and about 2 mins later a Victoria train came in stopping at Lewes, Plumpton Wivlesfield and Haywards Heath. Whern we showed our travel voucher the conductor said the other carriage was full of peop[le who had done the same. So I wasn t pissed or fell asleep.

Thought you meant pre-match.

The guard of the train I caught after the game, announced the train would make an extended stop at Lewes so everyone down the back could get off.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Think they are quite ungrateful seeing as Martin Perry went down there to speak up for their new stadium...those that lose at the Amex say it is....unfinished....wake up you Ju-ju's it is unfinshed...as we know, it took 13 years of inquires,lots of letters,marches to achieve...and because of limited space between the Downs and sea I think it is a wonderful venue.

Feb 14, 2010
Think they are quite ungrateful seeing as Martin Perry went down there to speak up for their new stadium...those that lose at the Amex say it is....unfinished....wake up you Ju-ju's it is unfinshed...as we know, it took 13 years of inquires,lots of letters,marches to achieve...and because of limited space between the Downs and sea I think it is a wonderful venue.

Agreeish but I dont like Falmer as a venue that much or the wonky roof if I'm honest. It was never possible but Brighton station would have been fantastic - always prefer grounds in the town centre. Chelsea being the best example. The best thing about going to Chelsea is walking to the the night out after the game. Probably have preferred Shoreham harbour area myself but have to be grateful and despite what people say, Falmer is not "in the middle of nowhere" its next to Coldean and is on the edge of East Brighton.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
As I said in a previous similar thread, and will repeat in the next thread (after we've beaten the opposition) - I don't really give a monkey's.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Have to agree with this. I'm a bit pissed off with the reaction of the city fans after Perry and many of us voiced our support their cause.

I'm not saying we should always be congratulated and applauded but a bit of gratitude never goes amiss. Perhaps when the planning application for whatever crappy little ground they want to build is turned down and they are looking for sympathy then we'll tell them to go and ground share with Rovers!

Sent from my iPhone using a goat

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Have to agree with this. I'm a bit pissed off with the reaction of the city fans after Perry and many of us voiced our support their cause.

I'm not saying we should always be congratulated and applauded but a bit of gratitude never goes amiss. Perhaps when the planning application for whatever crappy little ground they want to build is turned down and they are looking for sympathy then we'll tell them to go and ground share with Rovers!

Sent from my iPhone using a goat

Let's not worry about what other clubs' fans think about The Amex. We should stop being so sensitive. WE all know that there is even better to come with the additional seats-let's enjoy the away fans wailing about being stuck in the S.E. corner when that happens.

If visiting fans enjoy the day it probably means we lost at home-I'm happy to have away fans going home moaning like hell about the place after they've lost.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Agreeish but I dont like Falmer as a venue that much or the wonky roof if I'm honest. It was never possible but Brighton station would have been fantastic - always prefer grounds in the town centre. Chelsea being the best example. The best thing about going to Chelsea is walking to the the night out after the game. Probably have preferred Shoreham harbour area myself but have to be grateful and despite what people say, Falmer is not "in the middle of nowhere" its next to Coldean and is on the edge of East Brighton.

Actually, the best thing about going to Chelsea is the final whistle... So you can get away from its weird fan mix of absolute meathead diehards, post-abramovich wide boy glory hunters and Asian tourists. I even preferred Withdean to that place.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Guaranteed reaction from them, after the brilliant decision to major on Leon Knight's Wembley goal before kick-off. Inspired!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here