Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City Opinions of the Amex

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I've just read through a few posts and I don't actually see anyone calling it a shit hole but actually making good points... stop being so bloody sensitive! They are saying nothing that Brighton fans haven't already said.

Exactly. Read it before you comment folks. Most of the moans are based on not knowing why it is unfinished - and the transport (which I believe a few people on here have moaned about). And there are actually quite a few complimentary comments too. Calm down my bipolar chums.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
The stadium looks unfinished because it is unfinished, presumably because they knew they were gonna add the extra 8k seats. Nothing in their comments that was majorly wrong IMHO, not that I really give a damn tbh!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The stadium looks unfinished because it is unfinished, presumably because they knew they were gonna add the extra 8k seats. Nothing in their comments that was majorly wrong IMHO, not that I really give a damn tbh!

What about this:

Just got home from a great weekend in Brighton, only ruined by 90 mins Saturday pm. Stadium much like any other new build, completely lacking of any soul or character,even the steward I was chatting to commented on the lack of atmosphere.

Does the steward have ears?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Rival fans keep complaining about it looking unfinished?! That’s because it is you f*&king morons.

I don’t really care what people think of the place, especially Bristol shitty who are the biggest bunch of moaners in English football, negative comments are pure jealousy.

The Amex will be the best 30k stadium in the land when complete, no question and one of the few new builds with a bit of character.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I think these comments do serve a purpose. It should identify that we need to better inform away fans of the transport approaches. I understand that unlike at withdean where every away ticket purchase was given a leaflet about travelling to the ground (subject to away team ticket office remembering to do it), we dont do that now.

Those who were aware of the travel voucher purchase options, or the transport elements seem to have had a good experience.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Guaranteed reaction from them, after the brilliant decision to major on Leon Knight's Wembley goal before kick-off. Inspired!

To be fair to the club-that goal is featured in every pre-match build up, it wasn't just put in to piss off Brizzle fans.

Last edited:

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
The one thing a lot of visiting supporters mention that I agree with is the shallow angle of the North and South stands. Moved from WSU upper seat for the Wrexham game into the North Stand and was really surprised at how shallow it has been built. Looks the the Lower West and East are the same angle? Not a problem to me as WSU is where I'll be staying but still not ideal.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Their new ground looks weird anyway.
0,,10327~4713989,00.jpg

Does anyone who sits in the north stand have a problem with its rake?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I am never surprised when away fans criticise the Amex. Everyone agrees that the north stand looks tiny and isolated, that the east also looks tiny with a building site above it and the away concourse isn't great either. Trouble is away fans are not usually clued up on the reason why the stands are like they are at the moment and the plans to fill in the gaps.

Most people on here have agreed the rake of the North Stand is too shallow and would have been better being steeper and higher.

D

Deleted member 22389

To be fair to the club-that goal is featured in every pre-match build up, it wasn't just put in to piss off Brizzle fans.

And it will be the same if any Swindon supporters eventually make to the The Amex.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
I am never surprised when away fans criticise the Amex. Everyone agrees that the north stand looks tiny and isolated, that the east also looks tiny with a building site above it and the away concourse isn't great either. Trouble is away fans are not usually clued up on the reason why the stands are like they are at the moment and the plans to fill in the gaps.

Most people on here have agreed the rake of the North Stand is too shallow and would have been better being steeper and higher.

Plus 1 need to have a bigger nosier northstand

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
As they are looking at building a new one themselves, I think they should take note that , for all their moaning and underwhelmedmss with the stadium, THIS is what £100 million buys you nowadays. So if you want an 45,000 seater somewhere in central anytown (in this case Bristol) you'd better make sure you've got a lot of money.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think the results point made above is very valid. I definitely enjoy grounds away more when Brighton win, and think it's a shithole when we lose. That's the nature of the game, you're there to support your team and if you win you're bound to be happier!!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
The one thing a lot of visiting supporters mention that I agree with is the shallow angle of the North and South stands. Moved from WSU upper seat for the Wrexham game into the North Stand and was really surprised at how shallow it has been built. Looks the the Lower West and East are the same angle? Not a problem to me as WSU is where I'll be staying but still not ideal.

No i've watched a game from the east and a game from west stand lower, and the view was perfect. Could see all the pitch even people standing in front fro some of the tiwm wasn't a problem. Excellent atmosphere in both areas too. haven't watched a game from an end yet but it can't be worse that what we offered tpo away fans at Withdean.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
but better than what we offered them last season surely.
800px-Withdean.jpg

and they should realise thatwhat we have built is what a £100 million stadium now looks like. The new version of Ashton Gate, should it ever come into being, won't be far off that level of cost.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
In fairness 90% of what they have put is constructive and what we have all said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here