Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City bid SIX MILLION POUNDS for Palace strker

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
If it happens, which I doubt, Dunk could be used as part of the deal.
Dunk and £3 mill to us ?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Why would you want Dunk, you guys have never rated him in the past why start now.

I don't rate him, but maybe Pardew does ?
It's the only way you could afford him.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Given that Bristol City supposedly agreed an £8m fee for him (laughable in itself: Palace can hardly claim he's increased his value since they signed him), we won't be going anywhere near, I feel certain of that. Let's not even get into this rumour. Just mischief-making from the Croydon University Netball Teamers up the road.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If it happens, which I doubt, Dunk could be used as part of the deal.
Dunk and £3 mill to us ?

To be honest I'd have thought that would be the sort of deal that would work for us. Tempting.

However, I also think this is nothing more than wild twitter speculation.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I doubt he'd be interested but it'd be a fantastic signing for your lot. If you lot played 2 up front he'd probably end up getting 25+.

Do you know the reasons for him rejecting Brizzle, financial or cos they look shyte already? We've played 4-4-2 in each of our league games this season so that could be a draw for him.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Given that Bristol City supposedly agreed an £8m fee for him (laughable in itself: Palace can hardly claim he's increased his value since they signed him), we won't be going anywhere near, I feel certain of that. Let's not even get into this rumour. Just mischief-making from the Croydon University Netball Teamers up the road.

Gayle is easily worth £8 mill.
Andre Gray ? Do me a favour !

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Gayle is easily worth £8 mill.
Andre Gray ? Do me a favour !

In all seriousness, what do you base that on? His goal ratio in the Premier League is poor, apart from in games against Liverpool, and I'm pretty sure there's a penalty or two in his meagre tally. Has he increased in value since you signed him on that basis? Only in simple inflationary terms. Not because of anything he's achieved in that time.

Going back to the Championship, I'm sure he'll score goals again, at least, more than the fourteen I think he managed last time he was at that level. Is he capable? Yes? Would I be happy to watch him play for us? Yes, I think I would. But it's not going to happen, because Palace want to recoup the excessive fee they paid for him in the first place. If you'd paid a more reasonable sum, then even you would laugh at the idea of getting £8 million.

Just being realistic, on both sides.

PS: agree on Gray too. Ludicrous that Bristol City were contemplating paying £9m for him. He misses loads of chances.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Why? Grey did better than Gayle in championship. Not that either are worth that money.

Gayle will score goals wherever he plays.
He needs to play with a target man, but not many teams in the PL play with 2 up top.
Rumoured that he doesn't want to drop down a league, so unlikely to happen.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Why? Grey did better than Gayle in championship. Not that either are worth that money.

Gayle signed for P'boro in January and scored 14 goals for a relegated team in that time. Grey got 18 goals for a playoff team over the whole season. Gayle is a far superior player.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Gayle signed for P'boro in January and scored 14 goals for a relegated team in that time. Grey got 18 goals for a playoff team over the whole season. Gayle is a far superior player.

Rubbish, that's like saying cog is a good goal scorer because he got 16 for relegated Barnsley.

I'm not saying gayle is a bad player but you guys don't half overrate your own players , pure deluded.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Fair enough. Didn't realise Gayle's was only half a season. Agree he's better than Gray. Which other Premier League teams do you think would have an interest in him? There won't be many simply because his record at that level isn't all that. So he may not get much of a choice if he wants to stay up there. Until a few weeks ago I'd have thought somebody like Derby might have gone for him, but they've not started all that well. Boro seem to have the money but I wonder if he'd want to go that far north.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
In all seriousness, what do you base that on? His goal ratio in the Premier League is poor, apart from in games against Liverpool, and I'm pretty sure there's a penalty or two in his meagre tally. Has he increased in value since you signed him on that basis? Only in simple inflationary terms. Not because of anything he's achieved in that time.

Gayle has a record of 1 goal every 164 minutes in the PL. That's not a poor record by any stretch of the imagination. For comparison, Southampton's Pelle has a record of 1 goal every 274 minutes. Lukaku at Everton gets a goal every 194 minutes.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Going back to the Championship, I'm sure he'll score goals again, at least, more than the fourteen I think he managed last time he was at that level. Is he capable? Yes? Would I be happy to watch him play for us? Yes, I think I would. But it's not going to happen, because Palace want to recoup the excessive fee they paid for him in the first place. If you'd paid a more reasonable sum, then even you would laugh at the idea of getting £8 million.

Just being realistic, on both sides.

PS: agree on Gray too. Ludicrous that Bristol City were contemplating paying £9m for him. He misses loads of chances.

Agree with all this. But how high are they willing to go for Dunk? We've just turned down £5m for him. It's the last 10 days of the transfer window, and we're in the silliest of silly seasons, in the silliest game situated in its silliest country, with the most insane amount of TV money.
They've got a hell of a lot of strikers. At the moment, that's a pretty good bargaining chip for that other most precious commodity: centre backs.

PS there are no anagrams in here, but is your middle name Eleanor or Elizabeth?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

No he didn't. He joined them in November, playing his first game on the 24th of that month. He then scored 13 in 29 games.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Fair enough. Didn't realise Gayle's was only half a season. Agree he's better than Gray. Which other Premier League teams do you think would have an interest in him? There won't be many simply because his record at that level isn't all that. So he may not get much of a choice if he wants to stay up there. Until a few weeks ago I'd have thought somebody like Derby might have gone for him, but they've not started all that well. Boro seem to have the money but I wonder if he'd want to go that far north.

I reckon only Norwich. They seem to be playing with two up top at the moment, which is the only system that really suits him. There's a Premier League player in there somewhere; the guy is a cracking finisher but he needs to be playing in a system that can accomodate his lack of contribution in other areas. Derby wanted him a couple of weeks ago but didn't want to play the £10m we asked for. Bristol City offered £8m and a waive of their 15% sell on for Bolasie. With Yannick looking like he's going to Spurs sooner rather than later, that would be worth a few million.

No he didn't. He joined them in November, playing his first game on the 24th of that month. He then scored 13 in 29 games.

You're right, he joined them on loan first which I didn't realise.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Regardless, Gayle has to be worth a good £8m in the current market. He does have a good scoring record in the Premier League, especially given how sporadically he has been used.

He's approaching 25 though - he needs to start playing regularly very soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here