Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City bid SIX MILLION POUNDS for Palace strker

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Not sure how this fits in with Lansdown's quotes here:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristo...gets-Premier/story-26338789-detail/story.html

"I always invest in this football club and I invest a lot. But the key is to get value for money and we've definitely got value for money with this lot. We will have to look again now that we are up for next season and I will have to keep investing."

Lansdown highlights Brentford as an example of a club which has bought wisely and adopted a sustainable financial model while remaining competitive in the Football League's top division.

Promoted from League One as runners-up to Wolves last season, the Bees are one spot outside the Championship play-off places and pushing hard to reach the Premier League for the first time.

Lansdown said: "You have to invest your money wisely and in younger players, who are going to develop and add to their value. That is what Brentford have done and it is a good model for any team going up (from League One).

"We did that last time to start with and then got it wrong to be honest. But this time will be different and we will continue doing what we have done this year with the aim of getting stronger and stronger. Hopefully, we can build a side to get us to the top of the Championship and then into the Premier League at some time in the future.

:wrong:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
NO ONE wants to GO to Bristol CITY!

[tweet]634368736686907392[/tweet]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not sure how this fits in with Lansdown's quotes here:

"I always invest in this football club and I invest a lot. But the key is to get value for money and we've definitely got value for money with this lot. We will have to look again now that we are up for next season and I will have to keep investing."

Lansdown highlights Brentford as an example of a club which has bought wisely and adopted a sustainable financial model while remaining competitive in the Football League's top division.

Promoted from League One as runners-up to Wolves last season, the Bees are one spot outside the Championship play-off places and pushing hard to reach the Premier League for the first time.

Lansdown said: "You have to invest your money wisely and in younger players, who are going to develop and add to their value. That is what Brentford have done and it is a good model for any team going up (from League One).

"We did that last time to start with and then got it wrong to be honest. But this time will be different and we will continue doing what we have done this year with the aim of getting stronger and stronger. Hopefully, we can build a side to get us to the top of the Championship and then into the Premier League at some time in the future.

:wrong:
So he likes Brentfords model of buying young, low cost players who have potential, and selling them for a fortune to a club with more money than sense, and he wants to emulate it by buying their players for a fortune?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Emanuele Giulianelli just tweeted that we've enquired.

Writer for FIFA weekly, FourFourTwo, La Gazetta dello Sport. Would be weird for him to tweet it if nothing in it at all, given most of his tweets are regarding 'higher profile' clubs.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
I doubt he'd be interested but it'd be a fantastic signing for your lot. If you lot played 2 up front he'd probably end up getting 25+.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
IF we were even contemplating this and paying £6m to £8m for him then I hell yeah! Four strikers of Hemed, Bobby, Baldock and Gayle would be quite something!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here