Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bring in the army

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
You seem to forget that would not be allowed as it is an intrusion of 'their human rights' Tony Blair and his mob have a lot to answer for!

I am quite glad I live in a country where indiscriminate shooting on site before a trial is considered a violation of human rights. In fact, I don't think it was Tony Blair who came up with that concept...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Armed warfare on the streets of London? How, exactly will that help?

Well for every shot looter it's at least one less looter on the street.

Ask the owner of Reeves what he thinks.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I don't agree with bringing them in and allowing them to start spraying bullets around.
But they are also trained to deal with riots & civil unrest. It seems to me right now the police are overwhelmed so maybe putting them on the streets to work alongside them would be a good idea.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Armed warfare on the streets of London? How, exactly will that help?

Sir, we are used as a large, disciplined pool of manpower with a defined command and control structure more than our skills of warfighting. This was used for the Fire brigade twice, flood support and the impending prison officers strikes.

I don't think we should be deployed in anything other than cordon troops i.e. protection and area denial, so the real riot police can deal with the looters.

Sir, we are used as a large, disciplined pool of manpower with a defined command and control structure more than our skills of warfighting. This was used for the Fire brigade twice, flood support and the impending prison officers strikes.

I don't think we should be deployed in anything other than cordon troops i.e. protection and area denial, so the real riot police can deal with the looters.
No doubt.

But that's not what the OP is advocating.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
I can't believe all these people suggesting shooting and killing on a huge scale. Imagine the repercussions of hundreds of dead youths, how much anger and upset it would cause.

The wrong move.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Where are our so-called leaders?

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
No doubt.

But that's not what the OP is advocating.

And i whole heartedly disagree with the OP, i was involved in public order in Kosovo and it is not fun and is totally the wrong thing for the wider community issues we have seen that have sparked this disorder. Looters are just criminals and crime is a Police issue, protection of the public can be an Army mission under Military Aide to the Civil Powers, but i really hope it doesn't come to that.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think most would understand that 'shooting them' is emotive and borne of anger and disgust and just an extreme way of shouting out the frustration of our politicians to not be able to protect us. Deploying the army in the correct role is exactly what [MENTION=15296]Sergei's Celebration[/MENTION] has suggested, and was the official role of our troops during the troubles in Northern Ireland, although they did have wider civil powers, they were there to protect and support the RUC, and I see no problem with the army being deployed as suggested by SC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here