Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bring in the army

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I can't see that there is any choice but to bring in extra support for the police. They are stretched beyond their means. Should we just let that continue or do something about it?

To the best of my knowledge the only reserves we have are in the army. We should use them. A heavy army presence would deter a lot of the actions that happened tonight happening again. Respectable people like the Reeves family in Croydon are having their lives ruined. Something has to be done to stop this.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I can't believe all these people suggesting shooting and killing on a huge scale. Imagine the repercussions of hundreds of dead youths, how much anger and upset it would cause.

The wrong move.

I dont think anyone is suggesting shooting and killing people on a large scale. I think you are reading one thing, putting two and two together and coing up with ten.

I want to see the army brought in, armed and ready to shoot. But only shoot after numerous verbal warnings and warning shots, and only shoot those who are either setting fire (which is potenitally murder) to something, or attacking the soldiers or police, and if they are stupid enough to do that with a gun pointed at them, then shoot them, they are hardly going to be a loss to society.

i don't think for one second anyone on here is seriously wanting the army to run down the streets shooting anything that moves. No one as far as I can see has called for a massacre. Calm down dear!! Don't get hysterical. Try and keep the conversation senisble

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I can't believe all these people suggesting shooting and killing on a huge scale. Imagine the repercussions of hundreds of dead youths, how much anger and upset it would cause.

The wrong move.

No one suggested this. All I am suggesting is an armed force would stop this shameful behaviour very quickly.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
No one suggested this. All I am suggesting is an armed force would stop this shameful behaviour very quickly.

I dont think anyone is suggesting shooting and killing people on a large scale. I think you are reading one thing, putting two and two together and coing up with ten.

I want to see the army brought in, armed and ready to shoot. But only shoot after numerous verbal warnings and warning shots, and only shoot those who are either setting fire (which is potenitally murder) to something, or attacking the soldiers or police, and if they are stupid enough to do that with a gun pointed at them, then shoot them, they are hardly going to be a loss to society.

i don't think for one second anyone on here is seriously wanting the army to run down the streets shooting anything that moves. No one as far as I can see has called for a massacre. Calm down dear!! Don't get hysterical. Try and keep the conversation senisble

I should have read the OP more thoroughly! Someone I know posted something about shooting the lot of them, and a link to the Mail's comments (needless to say they're now blocked). Was not aimed at anyone here, but seemed connected to what was being discussed.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Is this the thread where I can contribute £5 to the fund for General Dyer?

Peterrhodes

Aug 18, 2009
London
Agree with deploying the army with water cannons, tear gas etc, need to try to avoid bullets but aiming for the leg might slow them down?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
f*** the Human rights,that dosn't come into this.

The army need to be brought in. Publicly it needs to be stated that they can use any means necessary to deal with looters and those who are intent on harming others or property.

Along with a 7pm curfew, this could solve the situation without a hot being fired. Parents would ensure their kids are home.

We also need proper sentences for those convicted. Someone who has broke into a shop and looted should get 10 years, and actually serve it!

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
You seem to forget that would not be allowed as it is an intrusion of 'their human rights' Tony Blair and his mob have a lot to answer for!

Indeed. Human Rights and political correctness has led to this, plus immigration has lessened the number of jobs for British Citizens leaving a generation of bored youth who don't know what to do with themselves, without the parental and school discipline to train them to know the difference between right and wrong. It will get worse. Perhaps we should arrest and try the deviants and give them something to do. Like a tour of Afghanistan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here