Votes: 22 19.1%
  • All rise for BOZZA

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Something is missing. Every other forum I've visited has the post count. It's just how it should be. It just goes towards the overall experience. You can guage immediately who is new and who is an old hand.

If you do a search on Google for post count (as I just did), you will find almost 9½ million results, suggesting it is a fairly popular topic of conversation.

Why meddle with NSC, why remove the capability of posting more than 2 pictures, why increase the length of the minimum post.

Shame, really. It was fine how it was.

Maybe but too many people were abusing it too much

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Maybe but too many people were abusing it too much

Which says more about those individual posters. I don't usually read every single thread, I dip in and out of NSC. I must have missed loads of stories and gossip.

Which says more about those individual posters. I don't usually read every single thread, I dip in and out of NSC. I must have missed loads of stories and gossip.

It absolutely does say more about those posters. But unfortunately it's gotten to the stage where it was obviously felt that some action neeeded to be taken to curtail their stupidity. Maybe these limits will be relaxed once the football season is back in full swing and these posters have other things to entertain their tiny brains.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did people really post drivel with the sole intention of upping their post counts? Surely nobody is that sad???

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Post counts are pointless, anyone can post 5000 loads of drivel about anything and everything on just about every thread, what does their post count prove though? absolutely zip! While there are a number of high post count posters that don't post drivel and thread filler and are worth a read the majority appear to me to be driven by a desire to seem more important and knowledgeable than everyone else.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What happened was there were dark mutterings from "people who used to be regular posters but don't use NSC so much now as it's become shit." They thought the whole board was going to the dogs blah blah blah. I think the Powers That Be, as opposed to just saying 'well go somewhere else then' have tried to make it better. Whether they've succeeded or failed, or just made it slightly different is a matter of personal opinion.

To expand from the narrow subject of post counts I think the opinion of former, lapsed or 'were frequent but now post only occasionally' members should be ignored. They might have a point if NSC was dying on it's arse but for everybody who stops posting (and I've gone months without posting myself when, IMO, it's got particularly stupid) someone takes their place. Look at the active members who've joined this year for example, they're more than adequate replacements for the ones who've fallen by the wayside - even steward433 who I always seem to be disagreeing with!

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Something is missing. Every other forum I've visited has the post count. It's just how it should be. It just goes towards the overall experience. You can guage immediately who is new and who is an old hand.

You still can, my flightless friend, from the date they joined, which is still displayed. As I asked at the time when posting in support of removing them, what do they actually do? What's the point of having them? They serve no actual purpose as far as I can see.

Why do you want them back? Just because 'every other forum...has the post count'? That's not a compelling case from reinstating them, IMHO.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Look at the active members who've joined this year for example, they're more than adequate replacements for the ones who've fallen by the wayside - even steward433 who I always seem to be disagreeing with!

Thank you Brovion

Disagreements are good it just shows that people are different and the people on the board have different opinions that they want to share.

There is no need for a thread to turn into a binfest or personal abuse or bullying imo.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

There is no need for a thread to turn into a binfest or personal abuse or bullying imo.
But it's FUN! Actually looking at my post again I realise I should bully myself:

Oi Brovion you thick cretin, didn't you pay ANY attention at school, or were you one of the thickos who just sat and the back and played with string? Your last sentence should have read "steward 433 WITH WHOM I OFTEN DISAGREE", not "who I always seem to be disagreeing with". Moron.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
But it's FUN! Actually looking at my post again I realise I should bully myself:

Oi Brovion you thick cretin, didn't you pay ANY attention at school, or were you one of the thickos who just sat and the back and played with string? Your last sentence should have read "steward 433 WITH WHOM I OFTEN DISAGREE", not "who I always seem to be disagreeing with". Moron.

:D:bigwave:

My grammar is not all that either and i hate people picking me up on it as we can't all be perfect

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
It's not some sort of badge of honour. All it does is rough approximation of how many work hours you've wasted on NSC.

Utterly pointless in my opinion and solely appeals to the kind of poster that I personally want to post less frequently on NSC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here