• Do not give a Monkeys

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • All rise for BOZZA

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
The only people that give a f***ing shit about post counts are the ones that say, "your opinion does't count because your post count is under 3,000." Anyone who has that many posts is a complete sad twat or loner or in 1066 case both.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
The only people that give a f***ing shit about post counts are the ones that say, "your opinion does't count because your post count is under 3,000." Anyone who has that many posts is a complete sad twat or loner or in 1066 case both.[/QUOTE]

Or someone who ejoys playing word association

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
the post counts are largely pointless except when someone with 1 post makes a bold statement about something (like a rumour), we usually ignore it

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I fail to see what harm the post count was doing. I know some said it was used to bully or boast but I can't actually remember seeing any of that. And if anyone tried, would you actually take any notice of them? You'd have to be pretty sad to IMO.

You'd also have to be pretty sad to be offended by them sufficiently to want them removed as far as I am concerned. This smacks of Big Brother (as in Orwell*, not the stupid tv program for those who aren't sure).

As ww said, it was extremely useful in the case of newbies posting unfounded rumours.

*He wrote stuff.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I fail to see what harm the post count was doing. I know some said it was used to bully or boast but I can't actually remember seeing any of that. And if anyone tried, would you actually take any notice of them? You'd have to be pretty sad to IMO.

You'd also have to be pretty sad to be offended by them sufficiently to want them removed as far as I am concerned. This smacks of Big Brother (as in Orwell*, not the stupid tv program for those who aren't sure).

As ww said, it was extremely useful in the case of newbies posting unfounded rumours.

*He wrote stuff.

But any existing user could create a second account and post as a newbie anyway
I had quite a harsh post count but like you i liked to post on the word association thread

(btw have you retired on that now?)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Consensus was to get rid. Bozza took sweeping action. End of.

"consensus" seems to have been 4 or 5 posters out of how many registered?

action (within a few hours) seems just a touch precipitate and any conspiracy theorist worth their salt would look at the names of those who suggested the idea and suggest that it was perhaps pre-determined ?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Bring em back

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Why though?

Something is missing. Every other forum I've visited has the post count. It's just how it should be. It just goes towards the overall experience. You can guage immediately who is new and who is an old hand.

If you do a search on Google for post count (as I just did), you will find almost 9½ million results, suggesting it is a fairly popular topic of conversation.

Why meddle with NSC, why remove the capability of posting more than 2 pictures, why increase the length of the minimum post.

Shame, really. It was fine how it was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here