Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bring Back Glen Hoddle

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
At risk of being hated...

Surely it doesn't matter what a person's opinon on an unrelated topic is providing they're the best choice for the job. You wouldn't refuse to employ someone on religious grounds, in fact, it's illegal. Doesn't the Hindu belief system work along the same themes(?) ; that one is punished in a later life for indiscretions in this one. *Might have got confused on this one, long time since I did RE*

If he is actually crap in the field of football managing, then fair enough.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Surely it doesn't matter what a person's opinon on an unrelated topic is providing they're the best choice for the job. You wouldn't refuse to employ someone on religious grounds, in fact, it's illegal. Doesn't the Hindu belief system work along the same themes(?) ; that one is punished in a later life for indiscretions in this one. *Might have got confused on this one, long time since I did RE*

Even taking the bizarre outbursts aside he is hardly what I would class as a top manager. After all its not like chairman have been climbing over each other to give him a top managing role is it!

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey

To me, what he said was hugely offensive. When you have conditions like i do - you often wonder - why me? But for someone to say, that you have done something wrong in your past life is equal to say you deserve to be punished. It's disgusting. And to say it when you are in such a high profile position is despicable.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Besides the comments made by BAG (which I agree with) he hasn't exactly excelled at Wolves.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
To me, what he said was hugely offensive. When you have conditions like i do - you often wonder - why me? But for someone to say, that you have done something wrong in your past life is equal to say you deserve to be punished. It's disgusting. And to say it when you are in such a high profile position is despicable.

Sure, I understand it's offensive to some people. But we can't let one man's ignorance stand in the way of the success of England!! But considering he's not up to the job, it's never going to be a real issue!

Personally, I've been at the 'why me?' stage many times. But often, it turns around to a positive point. My condition has made me a stronger, more tolerant and thicker skinned person. A lot of disabled people don't get enough credit for just 'getting on with it' against the odds. I even went to Orient at the weekend hobbling around on my pink polka dot walking stick :cool: Can't let people's opinions hold me back.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You wouldn't refuse to employ someone on religious grounds, in fact, it's illegal.

oh really? doesnt that depend on the religious opinions? would you employ someone who openly supported death to all <insert group> on relgious ground?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
What religion is he? Spiritualist, Hindu or his own brand?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
"You and I have been physically given two hands and two legs and half-decent brains. Some people have not been born like that for a reason. The karma is working from another lifetime. I have nothing to hide about that. What you sow you reap. You have to look at things that happened in your life and ask why. It comes around"

Hoddle = mentalist

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
"You and I have been physically given two hands and two legs and half-decent brains. Some people have not been born like that for a reason. The karma is working from another lifetime. I have nothing to hide about that. What you sow you reap. You have to look at things that happened in your life and ask why. It comes around"

Hoddle = mentalist

I can think of other words..... and I said them to him when wolves played us a while back

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tis the truth. He states that he also believes in "karma" - hence the "payback" comment.

Reincarnation, karma and talking to mediums etc are not Christian despite what the press may report that he has said.
Reincarnation is Hindu, karma is Buddhist and mediums are Spiritualism. He's taken a bit of everything and become a mentalist.

As I said before, he isn't setting the football world alight at Wolves.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
No for many reasons. He was never that good for us, he's looked a shite managers since then, he's a prick, by re-appointing him the FA would be tacitly supporting his views, and on a personal note i don't think religious people should have any non-religious based positions of power

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
good club player
mediocre International player
was learning as a manager and did ok at club level

however anyone with religious views they can't keep to themselves should stay in the deep south of America or the middle east, its not required or desirable in the civilised world.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
No for many reasons. He was never that good for us, he's looked a shite managers since then, he's a prick, by re-appointing him the FA would be tacitly supporting his views, and on a personal note i don't think religious people should have any non-religious based positions of power

so does that mean if you go to church, you cant be a manager in your local supermarket?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here