Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brightons Most Under rated Player

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Jnr Lewis for me - he turned that side from a pla off side to a Championship side.
Also freed up Chippy a lot and that period was the best I have seen him play.

Wicks comes a close second.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As one of his biggest critics when he was here, it hurts me to say.....Darius Henderson.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A fair observation.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
True about Lewis and Melton who is now non league I believe. Going back a biy I would add the likes of Tony Grelish and Gerry Ryan who scored some vital goals for us. Would also mention Paul Clark and the original Tank, Ian (can't remember his surname) who was signed in the early 70s and was a midfielder converted to centre back by Pat Saward.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Steve Jacobs. Got loads of stick, but worked hard and allowed others to do the fancy stuff.

I'd agree with Melton and Wicks. Both looked to have real class about them but neither got a decent run in the team and were shipped out. I'd add Nicky Bissett as he seems to be held in fairly low regard but I thought he was the perfect partner for McCarthy and very solid. A young (fit) NB would be a great partner for Lynch now in our central defence.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
John Crumplin.

The worst ever Albion player to become a legend. His marking of Barnes at Anfield was pretty impressive though as was his leap for a goal against Leeds (?) at the Goldstone

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
At the moment I would add Alex Revell to the list. Done very well so far this season without too much praise.

Agree with Lokki on Nicky Bissett, top quality.

Going back to the late 70's teams then players like Andy Rollings and Denis Burnett. Lawrenson got all the plaudits but these guys were class too. Add to those Gary Williams.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Icy Gull said:
The worst ever Albion player to become a legend. His marking of Barnes at Anfield was pretty impressive though as was his leap for a goal against Leeds (?) at the Goldstone

His screamer against Burnley on Boxing Day 1992? Or his handed of genius goal at Cambridge, or just for the fact that he took a corner at Wrexham, fell over as he kicked it and it went straight in!!!

Also one of the best crossers of a ball I have seen down here.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Icy Gull said:
As one of his biggest critics when he was here, it hurts me to say.....Darius Henderson.

Henderson was crap when he was here. People forget McPhee fairly and squarely got his place in the team ahead of him and he went back to Reading because he was no better than what we already had.

He has obviously improved since he left but I'm amazed he's not at Torquay alongside McPhee.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Kinky Gerbils said:
Jonah anyone?

I would say so. Also, Simon Rodger wasn't so much under-rated, but he went about his business really well and was more of an unsung hero.

I saw Alex Revell for the first time last night and he looked a very good player and he hasn't received a great amount of praise.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Chris McPhee. Potential world class striker hampered by injury and dodgy management. Should be plying his trade in the top leagues of Europe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here