Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton's hardcore support.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I think it's less, i think at least a thousand of that only buy season tickets to guarantee a seat.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I'd say it is defined by the fans that will turn up whatever the league a team is in and will watch any old shit that's put before them week in week out.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unfortunately this is playing into the hands of those who maintain Withdean is adequate for HOME support which I would put at between 6 - 7000 but not away, at least in this division.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
munster monch said:
I'd say it is defined by the fans that will turn up whatever the league a team is in and will watch any old shit that's put before them week in week out.

I think even the hardcore support is slightly split at the Albion. There is the Withdean generation, a lot of which frequent this board and make songs no one else really gets and do whackey stuff like funny ebay sales and tic for tat photos. These people are lucky enough to have seen nothing but success.

Then there are those that have been through all the crap of the 90's, the Lincoln invasions, chasing the coach back from Rochdale, going to Bill's for tea after Wigan, getting Bullshiti chucked off the train at Bridgend and then putting up with the dross at Pissfield.

We have never really been a normal club and because of the history I guess the support is split a bit.

Last edited:

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Uncle Buck said:
I think even the hardcore support is slightly split at the Albion. There is the Withdean generation, a lot of which frequent this board and make songs no one else really gets and do whackey stuff like funny ebay sales and tic for tat photos. These people are lucky enough to have seen nothing but success.

Then there are those that have been through all the crap of the 90's, the Lincoln invasions, chasing the coach back from Rochdale, going to Bill's for tea after Wigan, getting Bullshiti chucked off the train at Bridgend and then putting up with the dross at Pissfield.

We have never really been a normal club and because the history I guess the support is split a bit.

Well said that man:clap2:

Josky

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Unfortunately you can't blame people because of their age - you can't expect everyone to have the perspective that some of us who made that fcking journey to Gillingham every other weekend has.

However, if this club is going to succeed (in its wonderful new stadium in Falmer!) it needs to appeal exactly to the types of fans that are being criticised for not being 'hardcore' enough...

Rubbish football promotes apathy simple as that - the majority of footie fans (i.e. fairweather fans) want to see good or exciting football. If they don't get that, they won't come. Simple as.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Josky said:
the majority of footie fans (i.e. fairweather fans)

Its FOOTBALL, not footy.....or soccer, or foota, or any other stupid name

Know this sounds like an irrational gripe, but that word "footy" winds me up something chronic :nono: :wave:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
There were plenty of empty season ticket holder seats empty around me last night. I think the threat of getting pissed on both from above and on the pitch put a lot of people off.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
umm i feckin hated gillingham.

i think the weather had more to do with last night if it was a league match there would have been more

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Gillingham was a nightmare day out, especially as we where piss poor

Withdeans paradise by comparisson to the last year or two at the Goldstone and Gillingham

Withdean is bereft of atmosphere, you get rained on badly, you cant stand and without a season ticket or half a day off to queue up you cant get in . . . .but all of thats irellevent because the food is fantastic .:rolleyes:

the fact of the matter is you can see better entertainment up your local park for free, and thats a worry.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
I gave up my season ticket because of family commitments. However, can't say I've particularly missed Withdean and not attending every game has not been as difficult as I expected. I went to Reading and will go to a few away trips this season, but if I'm brutally honest I would rather go and watch Lewes or Worthing locally. Their facilities are almost as good as Withdean.

The biggest thing I miss is the people I used to sit near and bore the pants off with my incessant chatter all through the games.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'd consider myself pretty hardcore but I didn't go last night.

I was in Southampton mid-day and the heavens opened big time. I got drenched.

The thought of getting on a train to Brighton to watch a Carling Cup match in the rain (Don't think it did though?) really didn't appeal.

If we'd had a roof I would have gone but the prospect of getting soaked again didn't appeal. :lolol:

I went to the Gillingham games :(.

Last edited:

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
gillingham was RUBBISH. having to leave before lunchtime and get back late evening... there did seem to be a whole lot more togetherness and sense of community there tho.

in times of crisis i guess...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here