Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Brighton's a shit hole"

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
May have a point though...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-19329653

Beach goers have been urged to take their rubbish home with them after 23 tonnes had to be collected off Brighton beach over the weekend.

Brighton and Hove City Council said despite installing 60 extra litter bins the beachfront was left covered with rubbish.

It has also employed 20 extra seasonal staff to cope with the increase in litter.

Councillor Ollie Sykes said the the level of litter was "astonishing".

"Last weekend was wonderful that so many people come, but very depressing that the beaches looked so awful at the end of it," he said.

"The beaches looked like landfill sites. They [the beach goers] wouldn't do this to their own streets and their own back gardens."

He said the 23 tonnes figure only included litter left on the beach and not rubbish that had been placed in the bins.

"If someone leaves litter on the beach then other people do as well," he added.

I like to think the people who leave their litter are the people who pop down from London. They don't have a beach so they try to ruin ours.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
One way to stop it is to get someone to police the beach working for the Council and photograph the people having the BBQ's and go back later and if they leave it in a mess take their car registration numbers. The only way is to do it underhand and do it on a commision basis like a traffic warden.
Or what about CCTV, surely they could notify the authorities to stop the litterbugs and fine them .

we hate palace

Aug 4, 2012
north chailey
This is him -

7d9dkzjzlrhp9v8fszci.jpeg

I thought Cardiff fans were refusing to buy their new home shirt

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Hull fans, in jest I believe, where singing "Back to your sh!thole, you're going back to your sh!thole" to the tune of Guantanamera on Saturday.

It was catchy, actually.

Obviously, just singing the orginal lyrics to Guantanamera would have been nicer. They'd just scored.

I thought it was just another homophobic slur :facepalm:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Noone has done nothing wrong. Whats all this shit about a ban ? Trigger happy mods. If we were to ban everyone for an inane thread there would be no nsc left.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Nottingham's quite nice, but I haven't seen all of it.

My wife is from Notts so I have nothing against it...but it is well known for gun crime, and does have some fairly large rough parts.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
My wife is from Notts so I have nothing against it...but it is well known for gun crime, and does have some fairly large rough parts.

Yes I was thinking about the gun crime, and friends of mine used to live in one of the dodgier bits. However, most cities probably have pretty rough areas (although not the gun crime).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here