Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brightonfan__86

Hoggy

Controversial!
Sep 28, 2006
BN1
Uncle Buck said:
Are you not a student?

yes but have been in part time work since the age of 16 so have learnt for myself the importance of staying out in jobs even though they are not particularly enjoyable, but then what part time work really is?

i think if he had stuck it out at KFC (i am not talking about his penis on this occaision) then he would have got the hang of it and learnt to ignore the general being bossed about parts, as afterall being the "newbie" in a relatively small establishment is gonna be difficult at first.

i sounded like he had made foundations for some friendships there too so that couldn't have been too bad could it?

i find it difficult to believe that HE'LL find anything much better than that

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Hoggy said:
yes but have been in part time work since the age of 16 so have learnt for myself the importance of staying out in jobs even though they are not particularly enjoyable, but then what part time work really is?

i think if he had stuck it out at KFC (i am not talking about his penis on this occaision) then he would have got the hang of it and learnt to ignore the general being bossed about parts, as afterall being the "newbie" in a relatively small establishment is gonna be difficult at first.

i sounded like he had made foundations for some friendships there too so that couldn't have been too bad could it?

i find it difficult to believe that HE'LL find anything much better than that

But it is his choice and he is actively seeking work, not sitting on his arse blaming everyone else, so I do not see why you are having a go at him.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Uncle Buck said:
But it is his choice and he is actively seeking work, not sitting on his arse blaming everyone else, so I do not see why you are having a go at him.

because looking is good, but if he keeps getting jobs, and then experiences what he did at kfc and quit again its pointless.

noone is doubting him for looking, but i feel, from what i read, that he quit to easily

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
he didn't quit -- the manager told him not to come back

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
because looking is good, but if he keeps getting jobs, and then experiences what he did at kfc and quit again its pointless.

noone is doubting him for looking, but i feel, from what i read, that he quit to easily

I agree that reading his threads you could see what was going to happen at KFC, I just felf that Hoggy was giving him a hard time for no real reason, which there was no need for.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Some jobs you get offered and some you dont.

Chin up Kev. Best of British and all that.

By the way I believe he was told not to come back as well.

Hoggy said:

he may also want to consider someone wording it for him as he is not the most illustrative speaker!

I think his KFC posts were excellent and very well written. I'm also impressed with his obvious desire to find paid employment and not just sit around all day feeling sorry for himself and sponging off the state. Being unemployed is very depressing.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Lokki 7 said:
I think his KFC posts were excellent and very well written. I'm also impressed with his obvious desire to find paid employment and not just sit around all day feeling sorry for himself and sponging off the state. Being unemployed is very depressing.

Well said that man. My other half works at the job centre and she sees all sorts of spongers and scroungers. The ones like Kev she dont begrudge dealing with because he is wanting to get a job...unlike some of the types she has to deal with. Whole f***ing families who have no desire to do anything. From the grandparents downwards.

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
seagullsovergrimsby said:
Is this only a temporary Xmas job at Argos ? Here , in Grimsby they take extra people on for the Xmas rush saying there is a possibility of them being kept on but come the first week in January they are told that they are not needed.

Yeah Brighton do that too. Although they usually keep a couple on.

It's an alright job in the basement. Radio's on, tickets come out a machine, you pick up said item and put it on a conveyer belt. Piss easy (altho well busy at christmas) and the staff when I was there were a good crack.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Getting fired, working in different jobs, some of which are crap, some great fun is all very good character-building stuff - I still think back very fondly to the bar-work and shop-work I did when I was Kev's age. Wasn't always brilliant at it but it was fun and interesting, especially the birds. He seems a nice lad, he'll get something easily.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here