Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton vs Luton

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just dug out the programme from April 12th.

Spring was number 25.

Darren Currie was number 10 :)

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
didnt think so, ive looked on their website and it says number 10 was darren currie, which it certainly wasnt. Anyone else at the game who had a programme because a few people were saying how good he looked.

Pablo

Jul 8, 2003
Worthing
from the luton site - http://www.lutontown.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10372~1356986,00.html

Three goals in the second half secured a Brighton win. The first came just 14 minutes after the break when Forster capitalised on a Luton error. A free kick gave the visitors their second before another Hatters mistake allowed their third.

However, as promised, LTFC2020 Ltd began to bring the good times back to Luton Town, starting with the half-time signing of Luton legend Kevin Nicholls.

Dean Brill was called into action almost straight away when Nicky Forster took a shoot in the fifth minute.

The game continued with Brighton calling the shots, and Brill was forced to continue making some impressive saves.

However, towards the end of the first half the Hatters found their feet and went close twice.

Firstly Paul McVeigh took his chance after Rossi Jarvis crossed the ball to him before Claude Gnakpa took the second attempt just second later.

HALF TIME: LUTON 0-0 BRIGHTON

The Seagulls were quick of the mark and scored on the 59th minute when a midfield error allowed Forster to round the defence and slot the ball in.

But the sight of Kevin Nicholls playing in a Luton shirt once again improved the mood of the home supporters.

Brighton doubled their lead on 76 minutes after they were awarded a free-kick following a foul by Claude Gnakpa. Dean Cox stepped up and easily fired the ball into the bottom corner.

With just five minutes left Brighton secured their victory after a mistake by trialist Keith Lowe gave Clenn Murray the space to round the keeper before firing into an empty net.

FULL TIME: LUTON 0-3 BRIGHTON

The team:

Luton Town: Dean Brill (Trialist 60), Claude Gnakpa, Sol Davis, Robin Hulbert (Kevin Nicholls 60), Ian Roper, Keith Keane, Rossi Jarvis, Asa Hall (Kevin Watson 74), Sam Parkin (Trialist 60), Paul McVeigh (Trialist 60), Dean Morgan (Ryan Charles 46)

Attendance: 1,358 (148 from Brighton)

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Cheers for the report seagull4eva. How did Thomson and Livermore get on?

thomson did quite well, came off early in second half if i remember correctly, looked comfortable on the ball and kept it well, distribution also was good. Livermore came on with about 20mins left i think, didnt have a great deal of the ball and had a very quiet game. Couple of long balls played his way but didnt have the pace to beat their right back, apart from that dont remember him being involved. Again i must say how well mayo played, when i saw him coming on i thought, oh shit, there goes a result especially seeing as the two guys rm,rf were pretty quick, but he dealt with them well.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
thomson did quite well, came off early in second half if i remember correctly, looked comfortable on the ball and kept it well, distribution also was good. Livermore came on with about 20mins left i think, didnt have a great deal of the ball and had a very quiet game. Couple of long balls played his way but didnt have the pace to beat their right back, apart from that dont remember him being involved. Again i must say how well mayo played, when i saw him coming on i thought, oh shit, there goes a result especially seeing as the two guys rm,rf were pretty quick, but he dealt with them well.

Good stuff.

jazzy

Jul 5, 2003
Thomson was my mom. Got stuck in when needed and pushed forward too.
I thought I recognised the Luton no 9 but couldn't think who it was!! (Parkin!)
It was a good 20 minutes walk from the station too, not the 10 minutes it said on the Luton site.....
Lots of changes in the second half, but subs did well.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Still waiting for the Argus report. Still I suppose it was only 16 hours ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here