Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton vs Ipswich

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I hope they give the guy a drugs test. In fact, I would not be surprised if the whole front line tested positive for performance enhancing drugs. Obviously from the same school as Dwain Chambers. I have not seen such pace at Withdean since it housed Zebras and Cheetahs.

it wasnt just pace either

that black bloke wide on the right in the first half was as tricky customer as ive seen in a long long time. thought ipswich were quality going forward, especially the amount of chances they created. if it wasnt for kuipers the game could have been over before half time

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The No. 7 with dreadlocks? He was brilliant. No idea who he was, but I suspect we shall hear more about him in the future.

I know El-Abd is not especially quick, but there was one chap that was literally three times faster than him and outpaced him on the right flank. I must say, I was quite pleased that we managed to contain them so well in the second half, considering this was only our second 'competitive' friendly. The first penalty was harsh IMO.

If Kuipers continues to play like that, we could well have an international on our hands. Watch your bank, Edwin. :D

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
The No. 7 with dreadlocks? He was brilliant. No idea who he was, but I suspect we shall hear more about him in the future.

I know El-Abd is not especially quick, but there was one chap that was literally three times faster than him and outpaced him on the right flank

that was the one

the quick chap was the fastest player i think i have ever seen play. it was sheer pace that bought them there second penalty, and agree with the first one being harsh as he seemed to be going away from goal

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
A shot of the crowd
[gv]6514580229329556887[/gv]

Their two penalties
[gv]-8651473142177904386[/gv]

[gv]-8512745476305195836[/gv]

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

The number 7 was Jamie Peters, he wasn't as fast as Danny Haynes though who came on in the second half and was the player brought down by Livermore for the second penalty.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
It's interesting that against Ipswich last night the wingers continually got past the full backs and they get credit for good play.
When it happened once against Charlton it was all Kerry Mayos fault and nothing at all to do with the skill of the winger.
On the evidence of the last 2 games I would far rather have Kerry at LB than Livermore (although obviously Richards should be first choice)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here