Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton vs Ipswich

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
i would prefer hawkins to lynch. lynch showed vunrebility marking last season. hawkins also more likely to pop up wit a goal. hopefully will be interesting tho! virgo too!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Because I've seen 3 or 4 friendlies now and I've been utterly bored by every minute of every one. I only went on Saturday because I thought Hart deserved a decent crowd. Otherwise friendlies are tedious affairs from which I get no joy if we win, and don't really care if we lose. It's not the albions fault, it's every team in the world. Football is just shit when nothing's at stake.

I would like to know why you are not there either David?!

all of the above, although I havent seen any of the games and Tuesdays Mrs DTG and myself trip the light fantastic

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

+ I hate friendlies and cannot get myself enthused about this coming season at all!"!!!!!

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
Think it's a REALLY tough choice between Hawkins and Lynch. Hawkins is big and strong and looks a good defender from what I've seen. I don't think he'll make many mistakes. Lynch is arguably more prone to the odd gaffe, but he's a class act (possibly our best defender) when on form. The one decision I would not like to make is who to play in the middle of our defence. If you put a gun to my head I'd possibly say Hawkins and Lynch, but really there's a case to be made for all four of them.

agreed, hopefully it will bring the best out of all of them. id say hawrinks and elphick but lynch is close as like you sadi there will be the odd mistake, and dont forget lynch can play lb (forget mansfield!) and virgo can play rb.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Penguin reporting from a deserted Withdean. I have a whole row to myself, lol. The new strip is growing on me and I can confirm the back is plain blue. Only one ball being used this evening. Nice bright start by Brighton but a shocking miss by Ipswich keeps the scores level.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
0- 1

9 months of mid-table mediocrity looms, I fear.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Goal to Ipswich, Kevin Lisbie. Good double save by Kuipers to keep it down to 0-1

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Despite almost falling asleep during Saturday's game, I find myself LISTENING to this friendly.

Sounds shit. Roll on another 3 seasons in this league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here