Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton vs Ipswich thread ... attention moderators

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I see Knob head Hans Kraay has highlighted mine.It's probably the only post i did on that thread.He obviously doesn't like my political views.:lolol:

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I see Knob head Hans Kraay has higlighted mine.It's probably the only post i did on that thread.He obviously doesn't like my political views.:lolol:

To be fair, Algie, I think it's rather to highlight how arbitrary Hitony is. That and the fact that he's using his power as a mod to pursue his little vendetta against potty mouth Bars Mar.

I'd prefer it if no-one got banned. We can all use the ignore function, we can all be a bit arsey sometimes, well perhaps not BoF who is just too nice all the time.

Me - I don't care what political, racial, sexual orientation people are as long as they are prepared to give and take.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
To be fair, Algie, I think it's rather to highlight how arbitrary Hitony is. That and the fact that he's using his power as a mod to pursue his little vendetta against potty mouth Bars Mar.

I'd prefer it if no-one got banned. We can all use the ignore function, we can all be a bit arsey sometimes, well perhaps not BoF who is just too nice all the time.

Me - I don't care what political, racial, sexual orientation people are as long as they are prepared to give and take.

I'm not so sure Hitony is though.You have idiots like Bars Mar who have be warned countless times so it's obvious he\she will be under close scruitiny.What i cannot understand though is why Dribble got a red card and next minute he is back on NSC.I thought red means thats it?
Dribble has no intention of joining in football debates but instead sets out to wind people up.Hes the one the mods should be clamping down on.At least Bars Mar joins in the football debate.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm not so sure Hitony is though.You have idiots like Bars Mar who have be warned countless times so it's obvious he\she will be under close scruitiny.What i cannot understand though is why Dribble got a red card and next minute he is back on NSC.I thought red means thats it?
Dribble has no attention of joining in football debatesbut instead sets out to wind people up.Hes the one the mods should be clamping down on.At least Bars Mar joins in the football debate.

Very good point. I'd forgotten about the red card. And it was a darn sight less than a month since that happened.

Perhaps we need a sliding scale from Hitony. Homophobic abuse is fine and dandy and no punishment incurred, arguing pointlessly involves a yellow, spacka jokes and a refusal to acknowledge that some people might be upset about it involves a red but this can be revoked after just a week but if it's someone Hitony doesn't like then he can do whatever he wants and no need for a justification.

I'm like you Algie. I don't mind non-footie banter but primarily I come on here because I'm an Albion fan and I can pick up news and views about footie in general and Albion specifically.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I posted what is, essentially, my response on the "Apology to Bars Mar" thread. I'll repeat it here...

I've no idea what is going on, but "problem with the moderators" is something I take offence with. Reason being, as I've said 3 billion times, is that NSC is largely self-policing. See something that you think is out of order - use the 'report post' function to let the mods know. Don't assume that either:

a) A moderator has read the message and thinks it is ok.
b) Others have already reported it.

On average, less than 1 post is reported a day and even the most offensive stuff only receives 2 or 3 reports. It's easy to reach the conclusion that people are largely happy with NSC content.

However, what I think I need to do is draw up a list of infractions - what they are and what the 'punishment' is. This version of vBulletin allows points to be given for infractions - this is completely customisable including differing points for differing offences, differing time periods for the points to last for and automatic 'punishments' (ie posting restrictions) after a certain number of points have been accrued. Basically, think a messageboard version of driving licence points.

Additionally I'd still really like to give NSC a try with separate forums. This could be as simple as 2...

- Sport (including all BHA, SCCC chat)
- Everything else

...or we could go a bit more granular...

- BHA
- SCCC
- The wide world of sport
- Everything else

...as it would keep the binfestry largely away from the Albion stuff. However whenever we have a poll, people vote to keep it as it is.

So, in short, in the next week or so there will be a defined list of 'offences' with associated 'punishments'. That way everyone, users and moderators alike, will know what is considered acceptable and what is not. This will probably lead to more of a 'totting up' process, but extreme cases will still be met with immediate posting restrictions being applied.

We don't want to stifle what is largely a fun place to read and post but likewise we want to ensure a modicum of decency.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Very good point. I'd forgotten about the red card. And it was a darn sight less than a month since that happened.

Perhaps we need a sliding scale from Hitony. Homophobic abuse is fine and dandy and no punishment incurred, arguing pointlessly involves a yellow, spacka jokes and a refusal to acknowledge that some people might be upset about it involves a red but this can be revoked after just a week but if it's someone Hitony doesn't like then he can do whatever he wants and no need for a justification.

I'm like you Algie. I don't mind non-footie banter but primarily I come on here because I'm an Albion fan and I can pick up news and views about footie in general and Albion specifically.

I can see what your saying but to be absolutely honest i'm probably biased towards Hitony.Is he not allowed a hidden agenda towards homosexuality like i have one against Islam? Why do we have to except things you don't agree with?
I'm certainly not going to live in a pc world like this government wants us to.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
We don't want to stifle what is largely a fun place to read and post but likewise we want to ensure a modicum of decency.

I think all anybody is looking for is fairness and consistancy when it comes to moderating to be honest bozza but unfortunately Hitony has'nt shown that today and it's got people's backs up.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Here's a slightly less flippant message from one of your Nazi chums.

We don't want to ban anyone, delete threads or use our jackboots if at all possible.

For that to happen we need people to take responsibility for what they post. I enjoy a good binfest as much as anyone, but if we take, for example, the 'offensive jokes' thread the other day. It soon descended from tastelessness (which is bearable) to an excuse for blatant racism with no hint of irony, and was subsequently removed.

Everyone gets bored at work/home/school etc, and sometimes we consequently let off steam on NSC by being provocative. This is acceptable to a degree, and taking the piss out of other posters is also reasonable, provided that it is done without malice. T

The aim of NSC is supposed to be akin to an online 'pub' for Albion (and away) fans. Therefore things of an adult nature can be expressed, and I'm sorry if parents are unhappy with this, but the language used here is in the main no worse than you would hear at the game or in an actual boozer before the match. On that issue there is no intention to be censorship, we have all seen the impact that has had on other sites in terms of their level of activity.

As mods we use our judgement as best we can, sometimes we get it wrong in our actions, I think the majority of the time we get it right. Sometimes we get pushed too far, and act with emotion rather than detachment, but that is because we too are human, and not a bunch of Mr Spocks.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Here's a slightly less flippant message from one of your Nazi chums.

We don't want to ban anyone, delete threads or use our jackboots if at all possible.

For that to happen we need people to take responsibility for what they post. I enjoy a good binfest as much as anyone, but if we take, for example, the 'offensive jokes' thread the other day. It soon descended from tastelessness (which is bearable) to an excuse for blatant racism with no hint of irony, and was subsequently removed.

Everyone gets bored at work/home/school etc, and sometimes we consequently let off steam on NSC by being provocative. This is acceptable to a degree, and taking the piss out of other posters is also reasonable, provided that it is done without malice. T

The aim of NSC is supposed to be akin to an online 'pub' for Albion (and away) fans. Therefore things of an adult nature can be expressed, and I'm sorry if parents are unhappy with this, but the language used here is in the main no worse than you would hear at the game or in an actual boozer before the match. On that issue there is no intention to be censorship, we have all seen the impact that has had on other sites in terms of their level of activity.

As mods we use our judgement as best we can, sometimes we get it wrong in our actions, I think the majority of the time we get it right. Sometimes we get pushed too far, and act with emotion rather than detachment, but that is because we too are human, and not a bunch of Mr Spocks.

90% of the time your posts are dog shit.Then out of the blue you suprise us all with an intelligent,sensible,well thought out post.To put it mildly,you have left me speechless(hard i know).Cracking post.Now back to the other shite :clap2:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Bars Mar ban is way over the top..Uncle C has started 2 threads on posters in the last 3 days yet no ban for him...and some of the posters on here running to teacher wtf...Hitoney should never of been a mod and has abused his power in a 1 month ban and in my view should be stripped off being a mod...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here