Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton vs Crewe

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Just come back from the game. Yes we thoroughly deserved to win. Chance after chance went begging and you always felt that at 1-0, sods law Crewe would score. To be fair Crewe were very poor, but it would have been a travesty if we didn't win all 3 points today.

Kuipers didn't have much to do. The defence played as a unit. I was very impressed with both Elphick and Hawkins. Hawkins is a defender through and through. No frills, but he wont let peoplepast him and he wins the headers. Cant say fairer than that.

Was also very impressed with McCloud. Some very good crosses into the box. So too was Cox, he was everywhere. Jys the final ball from him needs to be better.

A surprise to see Virgo in midfield but he got stuck in and played some wonderful balls.

Both Murray and Forster looked really sharp and are gonna be a real handful for defences this season.

Its hard to be judgemental as Crewe were so bad, but you can only beat whats infront of you. Albion looked very solid, and they most certainly are gonna be a lot harder to beat. Certainly they wont be kicked off the park.

What was also pleasing was after conceding a late goal, the Albion picked up a gear and scored almost immediately. A sign of good character.

A very pleasing day out

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
its just not good enough, we started the day top of the league by the time we kick off we are down to second and end the day just about in the playoffs (I think)

Nope just outside the playoffs on Goal Dif then Goals scored and have just noticed we not in the same league as Brentford who usually pip us for top spot at the start of the season. :)

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
sorry if someone has said before, but im so tired i cant be bothered looking. Just wanted to know the home and away attendance as we took more than i expected, and was suprised also at their shit turn out for the first game.
cheers

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
19 hours later and there is still no write-up on the Argus website.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
19 hours later and there is still no write-up on the Argus website.

just what i was thinking. maybe they had only written the "Albion continue their Crewe hoodoo" headline

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Good goals, we looked strange in those colours though.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Just come back from the game. Yes we thoroughly deserved to win. Chance after chance went begging and you always felt that at 1-0, sods law Crewe would score. To be fair Crewe were very poor, but it would have been a travesty if we didn't win all 3 points today.

Kuipers didn't have much to do. The defence played as a unit. I was very impressed with both Elphick and Hawkins. Hawkins is a defender through and through. No frills, but he wont let peoplepast him and he wins the headers. Cant say fairer than that.

Was also very impressed with McCloud. Some very good crosses into the box. So too was Cox, he was everywhere. Jys the final ball from him needs to be better.

A surprise to see Virgo in midfield but he got stuck in and played some wonderful balls.

Both Murray and Forster looked really sharp and are gonna be a real handful for defences this season.

Its hard to be judgemental as Crewe were so bad, but you can only beat whats infront of you. Albion looked very solid, and they most certainly are gonna be a lot harder to beat. Certainly they wont be kicked off the park.

What was also pleasing was after conceding a late goal, the Albion picked up a gear and scored almost immediately. A sign of good character.

A very pleasing day out

Good analysis mate, spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here