Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brighton v southampton A neutrals view

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
But 7th is a massive achievement isn't it?

:laugh:

I expect Pardew is clearing space in his cabinet for the Manager of the Year trophy as we speak.

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
Swindon are a nothing club who have recently decided that Saints are there rivals, a bit like Bournemouth if you will. We couldnt really care about them.

whoooah steady on big man, youre not our rivals, couldnt give a f*** about you unless we are playing you. f*** me talk about bigging yourself up.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
In the same way that shit always travels downwards?

Ah, but that's not entirely true Ms K. Maybe the lovely Pards is insisting on a HIGH FIBRE DIET for his squad - in a bid to make them turds float??!

You know it makes sense. :wink:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Think of all those poor creditors including small businesses struggling for survival that were allowed to be shoved aside as Southampton effectively wrote of huge debts overnight then refinanced and spent millions buying players. There is something completely unethical about the whole thing.

They don't deserve promotion.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ah, but that's not entirely true Ms K. Maybe the lovely Pards is insisting on a HIGH FIBRE DIET for his squad - in a bid to make them turds float??!

You know it makes sense. :wink:

That is a beautifully evocative description. Southampton, the floating turds on the top of the toilet that is League One.

Although for now they seem to be rather stuck in the u-bend.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Think of all those poor creditors including small businesses struggling for survival that were allowed to be shoved aside as Southampton effectively wrote of huge debts overnight then refinanced and spent millions buying players. There is something completely unethical about the whole thing.

Head, On, Nail, and Hits. :nono:

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003

Exactly.

Cheating, dirty, bastards with misplaced delusions of grandeur.

Muppets

larus

There are some people so thick that they dont realise that teams play better in one game than they do for another. Are we better than Norwich coz they took one point of us all season and lost to us in the JPT?

The reason were not likely to get in the playoffs (aside from the -10) is because AP took over with like a week to go before the season started. He had no time to put a team together. Hence our early season form was gash. Besides look at Swindons goal difference and also Brightons compared to ours.

All the pundits are saying we'll be the team to beat next year, and who knows some of you smaller clubs might take points of us, but in the end the cream will always rise to the top.

Hey. You're not even top of the form guide either. So much for cream rising.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Did Southampton come to an arrangement with their creditors? I thought the sugar daddy stepped in and helped pay off the debts as well as fun the player purchases. Might be wrong of course.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
ive got a feeling they atmosphere at falmer,will be on par with pompeys

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
they are not 7th they are 10th unless cheating counts?

Hmm cheating. Cast your mind back to the very early nineties.

Your not going up anyway. You couldnt even get to the play off final in 2004 when Brighton beat you despite you dominating both games.

Seriously though, 46 games is a long old season and if AP doesnt get it going in the early stages of next season particularly after his summer cherry picking of the best players in the league, he'll be gone, and we'll bring in someone that will take us up.

TBH most Saints fans arent that bothered about not getting to the play offs. This season is a consolidation season. It all start next year.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
ive got a feeling they atmosphere at falmer,will be on par with pompeys

I dont agree with this. I dont think Falmer will stink of sh*t and fish. If it does I'm moving coz Im in smelling distance where I live.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Seriously though, 46 games is a long old season and if AP doesnt get it going in the early stages of next season particularly after his summer cherry picking of the best players in the league, he'll be gone, and we'll bring in someone that will take us up.

Such arrogance!

What makes you think you'll be able to cherry pick the best players in the league? I'm sure you will be able to attract decent players with your facilities, but to suggest you'll be able to cherry pick is ridiculous. That is delusions of grandeur on a Leeds United level.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Such arrogance!

What makes you think you'll be able to cherry pick the best players in the league? I'm sure you will be able to attract decent players with your facilities, but to suggest you'll be able to cherry pick is ridiculous. That is delusions of grandeur on a Leeds United level.
Read on their forum yesterday before the game that if we had any players that would improve their team they'd have bought them by now anyway. :lolol:

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Read on their forum yesterday before the game that if we had any players that would improve their team they'd have bought them by now anyway. :lolol:

Hilarious. I can think of several players that would improve their side. Painter (albeit he's on loan) and Calderon for starters.

Out of interest what is the address of their forum?

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Lets be sensible before we critise Southampton, they were docked 15 points yet are ahead of us in the table and we have only just avoided the relegation area, give praise when it has been earned

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here