Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Reading news – Reading Chat

daib0

Nov 20, 2011
Spain - England
A warm hello again to all Seagulls fans from The Royals Rendezvous … look, just to let you know we’ve prepared a mega match presentation on the Brighton v Reading game from our Reading forum as we get into the final run-in, and the fullest respect shown to BRIGHTON from our friendly site with detailed information produced equally for both sets of fans – in all honesty far, far more on your team – and on your most impressive first season back in the Championship. It would be interesting to have any feedback from you guys.

It's here: Brighton v Reading MATCH THREAD [10/04/2012]

Look forward to hearing any comments on this thread, like how you see the game going and thoughts on your own team, and any snippets back very much welcomed! Absolutely no wums/trolling from our side, our mods see to that, so don’t be shy! Your user name and The “North Stand Chat” forum would always be cited for any small quote … great to hear chat and banter from true fans.

daib0 / “Royals Rendezvous”

PS – you might also like to dip into our forum’s special open-to-all section “Rivals, but Friends” ( Rivals, but Friends ) … registration not even required to post in this part, and you can also to start a topic – just ask that you are sociable and, erm, language decency please!

daib0

Nov 20, 2011
Spain - England
Do you have any players fit for the game after dirty Leeds hachet job on you yesterday?

Well, your manager was saying something like having good luck being able to play Friday and then Tuesday. It was the same for us, but probably today and tomorrow are treatment table days, so it's like playing Sun and Tues! Surely Karacan won't start - though I've not seen any official confirmation on 'broken leg' like some posters have said yesterday - so it'll be a small re-shuffle.
After the tears of failing championship play-offs two times in three seasons, McDermott seems intent on firing up his team to avoid the play-off route this time - so I think Reading will be well up to it mentally. But like I said, Brighton are a good side of course ...

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Reading on fire in 2012. As much as we may need the points, I can only see this going one way. 0-2. Royals win.

Will be glad to see Reading go up if they do. It would wind up West Ham no end. Shame to lose a nice close away day though.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
A warm hello again to all Seagulls fans from The Royals Rendezvous … look, just to let you know we’ve prepared a mega match presentation on the Brighton v Reading game from our Reading forum as we get into the final run-in, and the fullest respect shown to BRIGHTON from our friendly site with detailed information produced equally for both sets of fans – in all honesty far, far more on your team – and on your most impressive first season back in the Championship. It would be interesting to have any feedback from you guys.

It's here: Brighton v Reading MATCH THREAD [10/04/2012]

Look forward to hearing any comments on this thread, like how you see the game going and thoughts on your own team, and any snippets back very much welcomed! Absolutely no wums/trolling from our side, our mods see to that, so don’t be shy! Your user name and The “North Stand Chat” forum would always be cited for any small quote … great to hear chat and banter from true fans.

daib0 / “Royals Rendezvous”

PS – you might also like to dip into our forum’s special open-to-all section “Rivals, but Friends” ( Rivals, but Friends ) … registration not even required to post in this part, and you can also to start a topic – just ask that you are sociable and, erm, language decency please!

You havn`t by any chance got a striker or two that we could borrow till the end of the season,ours can`t score for toffee.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I think you can nick the title...Reading have been playing well...Southampton and West Ham are on a run of win a game,draw ....those draws could be costly

Sisyphus

Mar 21, 2012
Have to say I think you will get something on Tuesday. Very tough game against Leeds- some of those knocks will hurt- and Brighton are a tough physical side. Losing Jem is a massive downer for us- he is pivotal to the team...and I am unconvinced by Mullins.

Should be well up for Friday though- I can see us getting something at St Mary's.

Exciting innit?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Have to say I think you will get something on Tuesday. Very tough game against Leeds- some of those knocks will hurt- and Brighton are a tough physical side. Losing Jem is a massive downer for us- he is pivotal to the team...and I am unconvinced by Mullins.

Should be well up for Friday though- I can see us getting something at St Mary's.

Exciting innit?

We're not tough or physical. In fact that's been our biggest shortcoming this season, we play pretty attractive football but sometimes lack the grit to go in hard.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
You havn`t by any chance got a striker or two that we could borrow till the end of the season,ours can`t score for toffee.

Our strike conversion rate has gone down from 35% last season against the naff Division One defences to 28% this season. But we are creating under ten chances per game and Reading are the only club at the top who are under ten a game.

Deadly Attack

Goal attempts converted % (after 40 games)

Birmingham 28.95
Southampton 28.24
Brighton 28.16
Reading 27.91
Blackpool 26.34

Average about

Crystal Palace 20.10

Worst

Bristol C 14.05

Conversion rate depends on the quality of the service as well.

cf.

Man United 25.68 (top)
Liverpool 13.58 (bottom)

2010-11

Brighton 34.98 (1st)
Southampton 24.57

So I see it more a chess game than an gung-ho attacking game. With both clubs, give them an inch and a goal will be created. Albion's current form at Burnley was very disappointing. Arguably the Vokes and Macca partnership was the expected failure as we created 18 chances against a naff team and in normal circumstances we would have expected to score three or four. Dicker returned but he might have been match rusty? I think Reading play a predictable 4-4-2 which could give them an extra man in the middle?

To Sussex people, Reading is seen as a prosperous suburb (or commuter town) of London, not noted for its football, but noted for its railway station, festival and biscuits.

There was an important Reading fixture at the Goldstone in the sixties and a visit to Elm Park in the seventies. We won both of them.

We needed four points over Easter to keep our play-off hopes alive. Now the maximum is three. I was hoping for a win agianst Burnley so even if the Reading game is a draw it will still run on. Now we have to beat Reading and get a draw at West Ham.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We're not tough or physical. In fact that's been our biggest shortcoming this season, we play pretty attractive football but sometimes lack the grit to go in hard.
It's not pretty or attractive:p
Watching Swansea is pretty and attractive,negative and clueless going forward describes us:lolol:

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here