Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton V Norwich "Official" Match Thread...

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Christ people having a go at Cox, hospital ball to him for their second. His challenge wasn't that bad by the looks of it just one of those players love to go mental over. Also Elphick tried to replicate the old Col technique for the og, what was he thinking!?

(just saw goals on ssn)

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just saw the goals on SSN too - we need a better goalkeeper! He really didn't look too clever......................
(OK, I realise that won't instantly solve all our problems, but it must be the number one concern at the moment. Can Pelling step up like Sully did last season?)

I think there should just be one person putting the match threads up. Maybe A mod could do it or perhaps a normal user could. I would be prepared to nominate myself to put the thread up.

If I was to do it I would put the thread up 2 hours before K.O. so there are no threads on the day before and maybe do a kind of analysis things, stats and line ups... I enjoy doing that type of thing.

Any thoughts?

Yeah, plenty.
You claim your thread is "official", when it is nothing of the sort. You don't do the clubs the courtesy of stating their proper names, which you also get the wrong way round. And now you want the mods to restrict it to yourself.
WTF? :ohmy:

Yeah, plenty.
You claim your thread is "official", when it is nothing of the sort. You don't do the clubs the courtesy of stating their proper names, which you also get the wrong way round. And now you want the mods to restrict it to yourself.
WTF? :ohmy:

No I would be happy to do it however would prefer a mod to just put it up every game to stop 6 or 7 threads being created. I thought the tradition of the thread was to state it is "official" :shrug:

And I will do a better job next time but really did it dissatisfy you that much? You obviously understood the intent of the thread so why not piss off and moan about something else.:dunce:

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
"Tommy Elphick is getting back to the form we all know he's capable of."

He's part of a defence that's conceded four, of which one was an own goal by him. Jesus wept.

Were you at the game? TE (along with Adam El-Abd) was the least of our problems! Watch the goals and tell me how many he is at fault for!?

The own goal, yes, but only due to the fact he's bundled into the ball by two Norwich players.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I am going for a 0-0 but Albion may just nick it with Forster's first goal under Poyet.

I have done my usual crystal ball gazing and have come up with:
>Smith clean sheet
>Forster will score
>Either 0-0 or a Brighton win
>A Norwich player to be sent off

Let's see if any of them come true. ALBION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heehee

4-1 norwich and yet another shambolic defensive cock up:shrug:

Kudos

Why is Hoyte not back in? He's definitely back for this game.

I would wager it is a case of either Poyet wants to improve the defence by keeping the unit together, or perhaps h is concerned the three games off will mean Hoyte isn't quite match fit, at least not enough for Norwich.

Its not the same in the slightest.

I'm merely going with the commentators statement that the goal was CLEARLY COX'S FAULT.

You guys are making up your own mind that things are Smith's fault, simply to suit your own agenda.

So the commentary is enough for you to comment, but not for others? Seems fair.

The defence needs sorting and Gus will be looking at that in these games, anyone who expected us to be galloping up the division because we beat southampton is sadly mistaken.Forget a play off push we need to build for next season and im happy with that over this season im sure gus will be building and weeding out the deadwood. But until then expect erratic performances ...................and stick behind the team ya moaning old gits.

I remember listening to the phone in after the FA cup replay when the hosts were asking if anyone who criticised the firing of slade was willing to phone up and admit they were wrong, and Bloom was right and his gamble has paid off.

I remember thinking it was way too soon to be saying anything like that.

I have high hopes that Gus can turn it around. But he needs a chance to spend some time on the training ground to get the team putting into practice what he wants from them. He has' really had that yet, and until he does I don't think we can judge him.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
I wasn't there tonight, no. I just found it pretty remarkable that you could give such high praise to HALF of a defence that conceded four times. If El Abd and Elphick both had the blinders you say, who was at fault for the ball hitting our net so often?

Not those two, IMHO. Have a watch of the goals and I am sure you will agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here