Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Liverpool Will be on TV - Wednesday 21st 7.45pm kick off [merged]

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Wednesday?! Bloody hell, I see it's been arranged to suit Liverpool and not us then.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I don't think they can move the Leeds match - I thought it was switched to a Friday on police advice - sky sports then picked it up at a later date.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I think that is very poor by the football league, I would imagine we will field a number of fringe players with the priority Friday nights game against Leeds. A real shame because if we had a full team out we could give Liverpool a real run for their money.

That being said our squad is pretty strong so maybe Hoskins & Buckley will return and a Vicente debut if he signs.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
Anyone know if this will be shown in Australia? I'll be arriving down under in a week or so and don't want to miss this one if possible!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Liverpool reserves v Brighton reserves then. Maybe tickets won't be such a priority now.

I'm pretty sure Liverpool will put out an extremely strong team with them not competing in Europe this season. They will feel the league cup represents a great chance to win silverware so expect most if not all the big guns to play.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That being said our squad is pretty strong so maybe Hoskins & Buckley will return and a Vicente debut if he signs.

Indeed - a chance to use our full squad (assuming Elphick & El Abd are fit)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Come the Tues on the Palace game some of our players will be hanging, can see Gus resting some for the Liverpool game now which will be a shame

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Wonder what impact this will have on people buying tickets for Liverpool now - will obviously be a secondary thought and secondary team, and rightly so, with Leeds 48hrs later, and those cnuts from Selhurst 4 days after that.

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
Why won't they move the Leeds game to say the Sunday or later in the year? It was not moved to Friday on police advice (as said above) it was moved on request of the University as we use their car park and it is their enrolement/induction day (or something) on the Saturday. Surely the Football League cannot expect us to play two games in 48 hours. Let's hope they move the Leeds game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here