Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton V Blackpool weekend.

Blackpoolmad

Jun 25, 2011
Blackpool
Hiya folks and great to see your great club rising again.

Everyone on avftt.com is talking about this game with the new stadium.
Like yourselves, we've played in all 4 divisions, but we've done them all in just 8 years.

Some questions please.

How many will the visitors get at your stadium?
Why the empty spaces in the corners?
And most important, we're staying at a hotel on the sea front, so where are the best pubs for us to go? Three of us, lads mid 40s.

Last season, our fans won fans of the year in the Prem.
Friendliest, noisiest and sold out at most grounds with an average away support of nearly 3000.

Should sell out at yours and I can't wait to visit your city.

Best wishes for the season except against us of course.

Thanks in advance from Bri...

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Thanks. What does avftt stand for? Corners will get filled in when we prove transport infrastructure can handle 22,500 fans (which many people doubt!).

Will Charlie Adam leave?

Jan 30, 2008
Hiya folks and great to see your great club rising again.

Everyone on avftt.com is talking about this game with the new stadium.
Like yourselves, we've played in all 4 divisions, but we've done them all in just 8 years.

Some questions please.

How many will the visitors get at your stadium?
Why the empty spaces in the corners?
And most important, we're staying at a hotel on the sea front, so where are the best pubs for us to go? Three of us, lads mid 40s.

Last season, our fans won fans of the year in the Prem.
Friendliest, noisiest and sold out at most grounds with an average away support of nearly 3000.

Should sell out at yours and I can't wait to visit your city.

Best wishes for the season except against us of course.

Thanks in advance from Bri...
yeah , i bet your MUCKERS WILL BE MAKING AN APPEARENCE

2250 Visitors
We have to see we can cope with the traffic before we get planning permission to fill them in. The stadium is also ready for an extra tier in the East. With the corners capacity will be 30k
Pubs galore near seafront and lanes, every taste catered for. Away fans often meet at the pubs by Brighton station (10 mins to falmer on train). As a rule of thumb many of the places east of the pier are a little 'pink' and Dr Brighton's on the seafront is very pink, although west of the pier.
Thanks for the kind wishes - enjoyed watching blackpool with the big boys last season and looking forward to playing you this one!

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Seems that some Blackpool don't like the look of our stadium much

avftt Message Board | Brightons new ground!!!

Then again, one guy on there says Reading's is the best of the 'new' grounds he's been too.

I've been to the Madjeski and thought it looked like a warehouse from the outside.

Opinions... opinions.

Will be interesting to see other fans' views AFTER they've been to the Amex.

Jan 30, 2008
Seems that some Blackpool don't like the look of our stadium much

avftt Message Board | Brightons new ground!!!

Then again, one guy on there says Reading's is the best of the 'new' grounds he's been too.

I've been to the Madjeski and thought it looked like a warehouse from the outside.

Opinions... opinions.

Will be interesting to see other fans' views AFTER they've been to the Amex.
and coming from such a style conscious place

Jan 30, 2008
Charlie Adam going NOWHERE unless we get the £12million asking price although Vaughan leaving is a massive blow.

Das, as said at the top, our fans reputation is for passion and noise.
Watch my video of my mate at Newcastle.
600 Geordies and 300 Seasiders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMeKM0vk_nI

remember Blackpool at the Goldstone on a wednesday night, sat next to you lot in the south stand seats , fair play you brought a few hundred down and made some noise i'll give you that.

Blackpoolmad

Jun 25, 2011
Blackpool
Notters, we are staying near the NCP on the front.
And we are looking for busy pubs with great atmosphere.
The three of us are after a good time, talk to loads of people, meet Brighton fans for football chat, get drunk, enjoy ourselves, but most of all, take 3 points back to the Seaside.
Thanks mate.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Has anyone seen Blackpools ground...haha....i wouldnt taken their opinions too seriously!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Notters, we are staying near the NCP on the front.
And we are looking for busy pubs with great atmosphere.
The three of us are after a good time, talk to loads of people, meet Brighton fans for football chat, get drunk, enjoy ourselves, but most of all, take 3 points back to the Seaside.
Thanks mate.
Ha, well just like Blackpool im sure, every pub in Brighton is packed on a Saturday in August. Most of the pubs in the Lanes are a bit tourist-centric, you're better of heading slightly inland to north laine - places like the wagon and horses and the mash tun. If the weather's good there are some decent bars down on the beach. For meeting footy fans the pubs round Brighton station are probably your best bet, of which the Nelson and the Battle of Trafalgar are my personal favourites. It's all a bit of an unknown quantity though, as we're going to be having the biggest average crowds web had since 1979. I guess there will be fans everywhere. Will be impressed if you fill the away end, it's a long old trip.

Looking forward to the return leg; my girlfriend's dad is from Blackpool so will be staying with some of her rellies.

Last edited:

Blackpoolmad

Jun 25, 2011
Blackpool
Well you'll be made welcome again back at Blackpool.
Some great pubs here catered for everyone.

Our ground held us back for 20 years and our chairman is the tightest man on earth.
Pure luck got us promoted, because the chairman spent very little, in fact even now with £97million to spend, he won't pay more than £10k wages, so we can't attract anyonew decent.

Our ground is small with an extra 1000 seats going in, it will hold 17,300, but with nearly 10,000 season tickets sold, it should be full in the home end every week. You'll get 4800 if you need them with an initial allocation of 2400.

Very intimidating and noisy place up here, but you'll be made welcome I'm sure.

Disappoining thing is the extortionate prices of your hotels. A hell of a lot are fully booked now for that weekend, expect hundreds of Blackpool families in town for the match.

Nothing I enjoy more in life than a weekend away with best mates watching the Seasiders!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here