Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Blackpool (Player Ratings)

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Kuipers 6 - Didn'nt Have any chance with goals.

Whing 5 - Did'nt make any blunders but had no other impact.
El-Abd 3 - Toilet, Opposing strikers must think it's christmas.
Butters 4 - One some headers but same as El-Abd Scunthorpe will love playing againts our defence.
Lynch 5 - Did'nt do much wrong.

Mayo 4 - A Passenger, season to far should have been replaced.
Carpenter 4 - As Mayo, we should not be asking these players to carry this team, they've done their bit and are now passed it.
Hammond 4 - A Passenger, lost in a poor midfield looks a shadow of the player 2 seasons ago.

Cox 6 - Our most influential player, would look very good in a decent side.
Revell 5 - Look good when able to get on the ball
Williams 3 - Not in the game, not helped by inefective midfield.

Frutos 0 - Shite, Please do not play for us again.

Hart and Hinch - no time to judge.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
3 players might as well have not been on the pitch today as we would not have missed them at all
1..Carpenter 2yrs past his sell by date
2..hammond needs to be dropped completely
3..williams...absolute waste of a strikers position....i'm sure jakey would have done more

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Kuipers 4 ... I'm a fan, but he lacked confidence today and his kicking was poor.
Whing 6 ... thought he did pretty well considering what was going on around him.
ElAbd 2 ... very poor game. Proved again that he is NOT a central defender.
Butters 6 ... thought he did OK.
Lynch 5 ... should have been in the centre with Guy.
Carpenter 3 ... poor
Hammond 4 ... marginally better than Chippie.
Mayo 3 ... don't think he touched the ball in the first 30 mins.
Cox 4 ... his poorest game this season. Corners atrocious.
Revell 6 ... MOM
Williams 3 ... just doesn't seem to have what it takes.

Frutos 1 ... did nothing except get a red. Useless.
Hart 5 ... gave 100% as usual. Should have started.
Hinch 5 ... did OK

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The blackpool goalie did have something to do, he tipped over a long range shot from Revell in the first half, leading to a corner.

That's all :down:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
The biggest pile of shit I have seen since the gillingham days.Blackpool unlike stoke and crewe were a very poor side

Kuipers 3 Kicking terrible,uncertain at most times
Whing 4 caught out for pace at fault for 1st goal
Lynch 3 crap
Butters 6 mom average but unfit
Al abd -1 total and utter shite
Chippy 2 so sad to see him play like that
Hammond 3 should of been sent off
Cox 4 worst game of the season
Mayo 5 not at his worst but still crap
Revell 4 tried 100% but crap
Williams 0

Subs
Frutos 0
Hinsh 5
Harty 5

Wilkins and White hand youre heads in shame:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Kuipers 0

Whing 1
Butters 1
El-Abd 0
Lynch 1

Hammond 1
Carpenter 0
Mayo 3

Cox 0
Williams 1
Revell 8 - works so hard and showed his frustration at the end when he shouted f***ing something

Subs:
Frutos 0
Hinshelwood 1
Hart 1

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Once again, NSC's sheep-like party line of berating Kerry Mayo springs to the fore. I am convinced most on here rate him before he's even set foot on the pitch.

For what it's worth, Revell did OK and was our best player. After that Mayo was our next best player hardly putting a foot wrong once he moved to left-back, and Cox worked in fit and starts. The rest were shite beyond repair.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
The Large One said:
Once again, NSC's sheep-like party line of berating Kerry Mayo springs to the fore. I am convinced most on here rate him before he's even set foot on the pitch.

For what it's worth, Revell did OK and was our best player. After that Mayo was our next best player hardly putting a foot wrong once he moved to left-back, and Cox worked in fit and starts. The rest were shite beyond repair.

yep ive put revell and mayo as best 2

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Large One said:

I disagree as I thought Mayo was better when he was playing midfield. So much so that I would use him as the anchor man for the midfield next week instead of Carpenter and release Hammond whom I believe is better when Chippy isnt there.

The Large One said:

Why is it sheep like to berate Mayo? Maybe people just think he is crap? You thought, "the rest were shite beyond repair" so does that make you a sheep for agreeing with everyone else's tone, or are the majority just in fact in agreement? (And right).

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Well what a bugger I missed this one. Sounds like I missed a treat.

And just watch our attendance figures drop like our league position

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
Silent Bob said:

Subs:
Frutos - 0 - The elbow was about the only thing he did that was not half hearted.

Agree totally with that, could not have looked any less interested...what has gone wrong??

I am concerned that Hammond looks a different player again now Chippy is back. During Chippy's suspension, Hammond really stood up to be counted, covered the whole pitch, and looked a goal threat aswell. He was back in his shell good and proper yesterday..
This deperate hunt for a striker is all a complete waste of time if we can't get any sort of service to the front boys. Williams was very poor (worrying if he is rated higher than Gatting), but what chance did he have yesterday...everything came at him with snow on it!?
Mayo = awful. Chasing shadows all game, and at fault for the third. Not up to this standard.

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
Embarrassment is the overiding emotion. Watching the Albion has never been so painful, no effort, no skill, no ambition.

Nobody came away from that game with any credit.

Where do you start? If you can't be bothered to try it matters not if you have any ability!:angry: :angry: :angry:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Nemesis said:
The Blackpool goalie-did he have to make a save all game?

Yes, Revells in the first half

The Large One said:

Mayo was at fault for the third goal when he skied the clearance, which was exactly the same as Butters did in the first half and was lucky not to result in a goal - it just Mayo is an easier scapegoat for many.

Mayo did save a goal in the second half by running back from our corner to win the ball in our penalty area as their player was about to score an(other) easy goal

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
PILTDOWN MAN said:
Kuipers was shit

Whing was ok
Butters was shit and too old
El-Abd was really shit
Lynch was ok
Hammond was really really wank and should be dropped from a great height
Carpenter nowhere to be seen and crap, too old
Mayo proved once more to be shit
Cox gave the ball away far to often and was shit, his one real shot was pitiful
Williams WHO! didn't see him at all so must of been shit
Revell - only one trying but still very limited - less shit
Subs
Don't bother

I put more effort writing this than all those put togeather.

As far as giving numerical ratings a big fat combined lonely 0 will do.

THAT WAS CRAP

In what way wa Butters shit? Just interested like

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I really do not understand why some of you with such limited knowledge of the game, feel obliged to contribute to threads like these.

Some of your comments are pathetic.

Kuipers; at fault for none of the goals......Sorry, are you blind?

Butters; Shit / 3......Butters was the only one shouting, and the only defender to win any headers. With Cox / Revell our best player.

Whing; at fault for 1st goal........No he wasn't. He had a man. He stayed with him. He made a vain attempt to get across when the scorer burst through from deep, but failed to get there. Whose man was he?

Their keeper didn't have a save to make........yes he did.

I could go on, but I don't really have the energy. First England, then yesterday, now you lot. All very depressing.

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i actually thought mayo had one of his better games - certainly no worse tha anyone else

kuipers 2
whing 4
butters 2
el abd 2
lynch 2
mayo 3
carpenter 1
hammond 1
cox 2
revell 4
williams 1

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
hans kraay fan club said:
Kuipers; at fault for none of the goals......Sorry, are you blind?

second goal we should of seen how he 'dominates' his area, six yard box, he sould at least be coming to punch them. instead he was glued to his line

third goal was a bit of a cock up as well, didn't seem to talk to the defence at all about what to do, hence how their guy managed to steer it seemingly under his body

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Kuipers 3 - at fault for 2 goals
Whing 5 - 'relatively' solid given the shambles
Butters 5 - didn't do a lot wrong, certainly more commanding than el-abd or Lynch
El-Abd 3 - crap
Lynch 3 - all over the place
Mayo 5 - did alright out of position. No more than alright though.
Carpenter 2 - would like to see his pass completion rate! Too slow.
Hammond 2 - did he do anything?
Cox - 4 - ran around a lot, no end product. Crap corners.
Revell - 6 - MOM. Only player who appeared to care.
Williams - 3 - not a target man. Looked better when he came deep.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here