Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Blackpool (Player Ratings)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sorry, can someone enlighten me as to why GUY BUTTERS WAS SHIT?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Kuipers 3
Whing 4
Butters 3
El-Abd 0
Lynch 3
Mayo 1
Carpenter 1.
Hammond 1
Cox 5
Revell 5
Williams 2

Cox and Revell only players who deserved to wear the shirts. Other than that they were all abject.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Lokki 7 said:
Why is it sheep like to berate Mayo? Maybe people just think he is crap?
Because he was not utter shit yesterday, yet some people find it hard to come to terms with that.

Lokki 7 said:
You thought, "the rest were shite beyond repair" so does that make you a sheep for agreeing with everyone else's tone, or are the majority just in fact in agreement? (And right).
No, I don't agree with them, it's they who agree with me. I was just too slow to post it. :p :p :p

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Kuipers 0
El Abd 0
Mayo 0
Lynch 0
Butters 0
Whing 0
Carpenter 0
Hammond 0
Cox 0
Revell 0
Williams 0

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I was a critic of Hammond last season, but when Chippy was suspended, I though he played much, much better - especially with what I believe is an inspired decision to made him captain.

I don't want to lump to much on-field blame on to one person, but I do feel Carpenter's time to be put out to pasture has come. He is a hindrance, and at times a liablity whose confidence is running on zero. He may get the confidence back one day, but the legs seem to have gone as well. Great servant, and five Championship medals is a decent return for one career, but for me, enough is enough.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Uncle Spielberg said:
Kuipers 0
El Abd 0
Mayo 0
Lynch 0
Butters 0
Whing 0
Carpenter 0
Hammond 0
Cox 0
Revell 0
Williams 0

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

No nrgatives there then gareth

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Large One said:
I was a critic of Hammond last season, but when Chippy was suspended, I though he played much, much better - especially with what I believe is an inspired decision to made him captain.

I don't want to lump to much on-field blame on to one person, but I do feel Carpenter's time to be put out to pasture has come. He is a hindrance, and at times a liablity whose confidence is running on zero. He may get the confidence back one day, but the legs seem to have gone as well. Great servant, and five Championship medals is a decent return for one career, but for me, enough is enough.

I actually agree with you it is very easy to stay just that little bit too long and not know the right time to go.!!!

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Dave the Gaffer said:

Cos PILTDOWN MAN said so, STOOOOPID!!! :p

:lolol:

The Large One said:
Because he was not utter shit yesterday, yet some people find it hard to come to terms with that.

Sorry, of course you are right. What was I thinking?!

The Large One said:
No, I don't agree with them, it's they who agree with me. I was just too slow to post it. :p :p :p

Good logic, I like it.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Uncle Spielberg said:
Kuipers 0
El Abd 0
Mayo 0
Lynch 0
Butters 0
Whing 0
Carpenter 0
Hammond 0
Cox 0
Revell 0
Williams 0
:lolol:

0.2 for those ratings

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Dave the Gaffer said:

Good question.

I thought he was one of our better players out there yesterday.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Kuipers 2
Whing 5
Butters 5
El-Abd 5
Lynch 3
Mayo 3
Carpenter 4.
Hammond 4
Cox 6
Revell 6
Williams 4

Very poor all round I'm afraid. Just didnt gel at all, young heads dont seem to know what to do with the ball, old timers are passed their sell by date.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Kuipers 1 - at fault for two of the goals (remember ... I know I'm a goalie!)

Whing 3.5 - but couln't expect more as he'd had no time to settle

El Abd - 1 - very poor

Butter 3.5 - short of match fitness and slow but slow not necessarily a prob in this div, did have some passion and won headers

Lynch - 4 - did ok and w emisse dhim in the 2nd half

Hammond - 3 - very dissappointing but that's because Crapenter was playing in his position

Carpenter - 1 - truly awful... just not good enough any more

Mayo - 4 - did ok on a bad day

Revell - 6 - MOM for us. this is the height of his ability though and shoudl eb better used in the centre.

Cox - 5 - out of position and below what I expect from him but was the only other threat apart from Revell.

Williams - 2 - Very poor but why? Because he had no one to knock a ball down to. You can't have a target man like Williams playing on his own! He needs a proper 4-4-2 with another forward right next to him.

As far as I was concerned we only had 7 players on field today.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
The Large One said:

He wasn't total shit. What about when he outpaced their attacker in the second half and got the ball back after giving him a 5m headstart. That guy must be a candidate for slowest player in the league,

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Mayo was not shit ... well not whilst he was in midfield, when he went to LB he was a bit dodgy.

Whing played well considering he'd only just joined (he must think Adams hate his guts though).

El-Abd - utter crap, at fault against Brenford and against Chesterfield - unbelievably crap.:nono: . Pity as he's better than that, should be at RB

Butters - slow, old but at least he reads the game and tries to bring a bit of confidence. Like to see him and Lynch at CB

Chippy - just not doing it:nono:

Hammond - utter crap Why? Can some tell me why he needs three touches, yes that three touches before he can pass. Every time he got the ball the Blackpool manager was telling his defenders where it was going. So predictable that it was depressing. if he's the answer we don't understand the question. Too be fair he and chippy can't be in the same side because both play better when the other is missing.

Revell -:bowdown: never ever gives up. He'd still be running around the pitch now if he thought we could win.

Williams - no service what's so ever didn't stand a chance

Cox - more composure in front of goal required.

Lynch better at CB.

Only bright point is that Hinsh looked good in midfield, took control until Frutos got sent off. Like to see him play the holding role, looks much better than either Hammond or Chippy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here