Votes: 64 59.8%
  • Great Idea

Votes: 43 40.2%

• Total voters

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If those shitty Aberdeen and Palace displays are accurate examples of British Ultras then I DEFINITELY don't want Ultras at Falmex. It all looks too regimented and organised, more like a communist party rally in North Korea than a football match. I can see it might appeal to those of you who think that Synchronised Swimming is an exciting sport, but any self-respecting football fan wouldn't want any part of it.

As has been said, if we can't generate an atmosphere without all waving identical flags or being told to hold up bits of coloured card at specifed times then we can consider ourselves shit fans.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Personally I would hate it if Falmer looked like the above picture. I'd much rather have a colourless, library of an all-seater stadium. Wouldn't you? As said above, there is a total lack of understanding of the Ultra movement by people on this thread.
I wouldn't say there's a 'total lack of understanding' at all. Apart from those who think 'Ultras' are right-wing thugs I'd say most people understand the concept all too well.

olliwarne

Aug 12, 2010
Germany
I Like the idea, but the name has to be changed !
I would go for something with ruffians as mentioned above.
And song sheets should be created.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Pretty much echo the above, would be great I'm sure if it worked but I personally want nothing to do with it. The 'ultras' at the moment are an embarrassment.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
If those shitty Aberdeen and Palace displays are accurate examples of British Ultras then I DEFINITELY don't want Ultras at Falmex. It all looks too regimented and organised, more like a communist party rally in North Korea than a football match. I can see it might appeal to those of you who think that Synchronised Swimming is an exciting sport, but any self-respecting football fan wouldn't want any part of it.

As has been said, if we can't generate an atmosphere without all waving identical flags or being told to hold up bits of coloured card at specifed times then we can consider ourselves shit fans.

Is the right answer.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Pretty much echo the above, would be great I'm sure if it worked but I personally want nothing to do with it. The 'ultras' at the moment are an embarrassment.

The atmosphere some ultras could provide might encourage younger fans who start going to football as much for the buzz as for the football though.
Whereas a near silent half-empty stadium along the lines of the Riverside or Ricoh really would be an embarrassment, and that's what I can forsee. Remember the Goldstone West stand. . . zzzzzzzz

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
I think the poll could do with more options, I mean i don't think it's "shit" but I'm not sure if it will work, a middle option would have been nice.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No need for Ultras when we have the Ruffians. :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think the comments on this thread highlight a distinct lack of understanding about the modern ultra movement - particularly in this country.

And just because some Italian clubs link their ultras with right wing politics and extremism does not mean they all do. Far from it.

I think the saddest thing is what has happened to football in this country to necessitate a conscious effort for fans to group together and sing / create a good atmosphere. I remember the days when this happened naturally...
EXACTLY the point I made on the 'Upper West Singing Section' thread. Falmer should be one big singing section FFS. Designated singing areas is sad. Singing / shouting / supporting a team is all part of football - if the f***ing sad muppets who don't like it and moan when people try to get an atmo going etc don't like it they can f*** OFF s far as i'm concerened.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Remember the Goldstone West stand. . . zzzzzzzz
The demographic profile of the West stand would have been old farts and those too rich to sing, a more miserable lot (I had a season ticket in there 1990) I've yet to encounter. We don't need ultras, but somewhere like the old North stand where like minded people can get up to mischief...(aided by stewards turning a blind eye to a bit of standing and swearing).

Madness

Dec 7, 2010
Palace:
palwat2ip4.jpg

palsou2lr8.jpg

palbri1vh6.jpg

15li4pc.jpg

:thumbsup:

These pic's has got to be the best of the lot

jjt1976

Dec 29, 2009
I'm a member of the north stand ultras on facebook and a member of the blue brigade as well and yeah we have the name ultras but i think to many people when they here the name ultras think of the old days overseas and sometimes over here of ultra groups being thugs and fighting,throwing flares and ripping up seats,i remember those days cos I'm a 35 year old man and i hated what those groups did that wasn't football.But what we are doing with our groups is not to do all that crap but to try and have groups that fans of all ages can join and all get involved with ideas and suggestions on creating atmosphere not just at the Amex but at away games too(i.e. Fcum at the withdean)and giving the albion not a new identity but more of an improved one from the one that a lot of us older fans remember from the goldstone days,those were some of the greatest times of my life and if we can get back to the way things were in those days and improve it and take it into next season and beyond then we can all enjoy it and hopefully cheer the team all the way to the premiership.Anyway i have said enough thank you very much,peace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here