Is Brighton Ultras a good or bad idea

• Load of s**t

Votes: 64 59.8%
  • Great Idea

Votes: 43 40.2%

• Total voters

Madness

Dec 7, 2010
All for it. Colour and noise, couldn't be further removed from hard men and right wing politics. Look at some of the Aberdeen pictures online - what's not to love?
Maybe we can get some song sheets so we can sing together, just a thought :amex::bhasign:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
ultras simply dont work in britain the same way they do abroad

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I think the comments on this thread highlight a distinct lack of understanding about the modern ultra movement - particularly in this country.

And just because some Italian clubs link their ultras with right wing politics and extremism does not mean they all do. Far from it.

I think the saddest thing is what has happened to football in this country to necessitate a conscious effort for fans to group together and sing / create a good atmosphere. I remember the days when this happened naturally...

Pretty much sums it up , if we as a collective fanbase cannot generate a atmosphere in our new home that has taken 15 bloody years to get then what was the point of fighting for it in the 1st place , i understand the lads that feel they have to start a "Ultra" or whatever group to generate a home atmosphere as i would imagine that they were weaned on the souless withdean and have not experienced the roar of the Goldstone , so you cant have a pop at the lads that are trying to get something going, i honestly think that once the 1st game kicks off, so will the atmosphere .

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
ultras simply dont work in britain the same way they do abroad

No, not at all

richard_donald_stand_on_a_match_day.jpg

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Personally I would hate it if Falmer looked like the above picture. I'd much rather have a colourless, library of an all-seater stadium. Wouldn't you? As said above, there is a total lack of understanding of the Ultra movement by people on this thread.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
No, not at all

well, none of those flags would be allowed at falmer for a start. the one in the middle would no doubt be a fire hazard and obscure views, and the a and c are on poles which wouldnt be allowed in

aberdeen are obviously lucky in that they have a tolerant club who let them do that. id be interested to see if they are allowed all that palava away from home. the only ultras ive come across in england were aldershot, and they just consisted of a couple of banners tied to some unused terracing. hardly what id call "ultras" compared to the sort of experience you get in germany, france and russia from my experience with people jumping up and down all game, waving large banners, flares, sparklers and a megaphone brandishing man standing on a pedastool at the front of the stand leading the singing

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
No, not at all

This, no.

This:
Yellow-Wall2.jpg

Yes.

The Aberdeen fans have all been given the same mass produced flag to wave, it doesn't look that great. When you look at places like the Dortmund terrace, or in this country the Kop, or even the FC United fans at Withdean, they have a lot of colour but it's not all the same, it's natural.

That's how I want to see colour.
I think the 'ultra' tag is ultimately meaningless. Do we need a group of fans to sing, make a lot of noise and drive the atmosphere for the rest of the ground? Yes. Whether some of them want to call themselves ultras or not is neither here nor there.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
If we had a flag like that on the top tier of the West Stand, the 1901 club would see f*** all:amex:

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Don't need those shit little flags to create a rocking atmosphere.

Jan 30, 2008
we've got our own firm ,we don't want people waving flags and walking around decorated like a christmas tree .......................... you know it makes sense.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Really hope I'm wrong, but I think the atmosphere at Falmer could be a massive disappointment. Quite a few newer grounds such as Middlesbrough, Coventry, Leicester,Bolton, in my experience have a very flat atmosphere generally, and with a relatively small North Stand at Falmer it could be hard to get the place rocking, especially once the novelty's worn off and it's only half full. Let's not get too misty eyed about it, Albion fans have never made much noise when seated - remember the morgue that was the old West stand at the Goldstone?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Really hope I'm wrong, but I think the atmosphere at Falmer could be a massive disappointment. Quite a few newer grounds such as Middlesbrough, Coventry, Leicester,Bolton, in my experience have a very flat atmosphere generally, and with a relatively small North Stand at Falmer it could be hard to get the place rocking, especially once the novelty's worn off and it's only half full. Let's not get too misty eyed about it, Albion fans have never made much noise when seated - remember the morgue that was the old West stand at the Goldstone?

This

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
It just sounds like some teenagers who think there should be a set hierarchy of football fanatics, and the way to climb the ladder is to wear a Stone Island, act stupidly, and give a bad name to normal fans.
I give Woking away as my example.
Atmosphere at Falmer Yes
Ultras a tag which excludes many - No.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
It just sounds like some teenagers who think there should be a set hierarchy of football fanatics, and the way to climb the ladder is to wear a Stone Island, act stupidly, and give a bad name to normal fans.
I give Woking away as my example.
Atmosphere at Falmer Yes
Ultras a tag which excludes many - No.

But if everyone's kept seated, will there be an atmosphere? I suspect not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here