Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton teens a disgrace

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
These teens maybe a couple of years younger were a disgrace and I was embarrassed that I stood in the same crowd with them. Firstly they stood on chairs So they were 20 foot high, no one could see behind. We asked and all they done was to tell us to f*** off. One bloke which I found funny pushed the kid and he fell onto the people in front of him, made me chuckle.

The persistent standing made the view even shitter than it was. And during half time one of them thought it would be funny to snap their wooden seat. Which caused a mass snapping of seats. To be honest why do this?!?!? I know that we're rivals in all but is there any need to? Plus palace Will be sending a bill which the board will be disappointed with.

It partly ruined the game and alot of the time I was focusing on them rather than what I actually came to see. I've seen these 16-17 year olds independently going to these away games recently and causing a stir and it annoys me that there are more decent fans out there who didn't get a ticket. Rant over

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
These teens maybe a couple of years younger were a disgrace and I was embarrassed that I stood in the same crowd with them. Firstly they stood on chairs So they were 20 foot high, no one could see behind. We asked and all they done was to tell us to f*** off. One bloke which I found funny pushed the kid and he fell onto the people in front of him, made me chuckle.

The persistent standing made the view even shitter than it was. And during half time one of them thought it would be funny to snap their wooden seat. Which caused a mass snapping of seats. To be honest why do this?!?!? I know that we're rivals in all but is there any need to? Plus palace Will be sending a bill which the board will be disappointed with.

It partly ruined the game and alot of the time I was focusing on them rather than what I actually came to see. I've seen these 16-17 year olds independently going to these away games recently and causing a stir and it annoys me that there are more decent fans out there who didn't get a ticket. Rant over

Did you tell a steward then if it bothered you that much?

Edit: Not that it isn't totally twatish of them, I'm just asking..

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex

Disgusting - I'm glad my son didn't get a ticket - not that he would have done that - but I know some of his mates that went last night - that never step foot inside the Amex!!! Strange that!!! If they got a hiding it wouldn't be too soon IMO - I've felt like giving a couple of them a hiding myself lately!!!

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I was on the left-most edge of the Albion fans, standing right next to the long line of stewards and Police between us and the Palace fans (just where my seat number had happened to put us). Just in front of me were 6-7 teens who were just the same. I wouldn't put them as any older than 17, if not maybe a bit younger. But they were giving it all the large "come on" and wanker signs at the Palace fans constantly through the game, without really paying all that much attention to the football. At the start of the game, they were standing on their seats totally restricting my view - and I'm about 6'. I had to ask them all to get down since no-one around us was doing that at all, which they eventually did after giving me a bit of grief. Eventually a steward came over and told the remaining couple to get off their seats too. With all the fingers and signs they kept throwing at the Palace, eventually a Policeman had a quiet word with one of them. They didn't come back for the second half.

Just don't see what they get out of all the fake taunting with the rival fans - if they weren't separated by 70 yards of fabric, a line of police and 2500 Albion fans behind them, I don't think they'd have been quite so brave. When I was in the North at the Goldstone (OK, so rival fans were pretty much out of view), it was all about creating the atmosphere and getting behind the team - not throwing an endless stream of wanker signs.

*sigh*

With any luck they'll post a youtube about it, Palace will get hold of it and do to them what we did to the Palace fan who claimed to have done a seat at The Amex.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
probably the same children that threw stones at a few palace fans surrounded by brighton fans, while waiting for trains at the home game.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
There are aspects of our rivalry with Palace that really bother me. It shouldn't involve smashing up seats, chucking stones and attacking random fans. There are some tiresome inadequates on both sides that don't know where to draw the line.

Sounds like the majority of BHA approached the match in a passionate and humorous spirit, but the few who let the club down will hopefully be identified and dealt with.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
There are aspects of our rivalry with Palace that really bother me. It shouldn't involve smashing up seats, chucking stones and attacking random fans. There are some tiresome inadequates on both sides that don't know where to draw the line.

Sounds like the majority of BHA approached the match in a passionate and humorous spirit, but the few who let the club down will hopefully be identified and dealt with.

Very much agree. Saw no real trouble last night apart from a Palace fan who threw a chocolate bar at us..................?! Was a cracking night, bit of healthy rivalry is great but don't like it when it turns sinister

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008

You must have been more or less where we were as they were two rows in front of us and were obscuring the view of four whole rows of people. We told them to get the f*** down off the chairs and they got quite lippy. Smashing the seats and smoking and drinking despite looking about 14... Ooooh they iz pwopa nawty boys on away dayz.

Morons.:facepalm:

griff9

Mar 17, 2009
brighton
You must have been more or less where we were as they were two rows in front of us and were obscuring the view of four whole rows of people. We told them to get the f*** down off the chairs and they got quite lippy. Smashing the seats and smoking and drinking despite looking about 14... Ooooh they iz pwopa nawty boys on away dayz.

Morons.:facepalm:

had the pleasure of the train up with those a fore mentioned morons, at first it seemed like they were gonna make a good atmosphere but with in 5 minutes of being in the same carriage as them at Brighton station i soon realized they were knobs and had to move as they were intent in causing damage and generally causing chaos, it just disappointed me that idiots like these can get tickets ... they just seemed intent on being disrespectful.. i won't go on and say how they were being disrespectful because frankly it would only disappoint the reader, and they know who they are and will feel bad enough in themselves anyway, i would hope.

Mar 10, 2006
I was on the left-most edge of the Albion fans, standing right next to the long line of stewards and Police between us and the Palace fans (just where my seat number had happened to put us). Just in front of me were 6-7 teens who were just the same. I wouldn't put them as any older than 17, if not maybe a bit younger. But they were giving it all the large "come on" and wanker signs at the Palace fans constantly through the game, without really paying all that much attention to the football. At the start of the game, they were standing on their seats totally restricting my view - and I'm about 6'. I had to ask them all to get down since no-one around us was doing that at all, which they eventually did after giving me a bit of grief. Eventually a steward came over and told the remaining couple to get off their seats too. With all the fingers and signs they kept throwing at the Palace, eventually a Policeman had a quiet word with one of them. They didn't come back for the second half.

Just don't see what they get out of all the fake taunting with the rival fans - if they weren't separated by 70 yards of fabric, a line of police and 2500 Albion fans behind them, I don't think they'd have been quite so brave. When I was in the North at the Goldstone (OK, so rival fans were pretty much out of view), it was all about creating the atmosphere and getting behind the team - not throwing an endless stream of wanker signs.

*sigh*

Quite agree - what I found disappointing last night was that rather than concentrate on getting right behind the team to get 3 points over our rivals was the fact that so many seem intent on just concentrating on the Palace fans and how many times they can call them C***S or W*****s and threaten them with endless threats

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
The point of this thread is what exactly? After every away game someone always comes on here and moans about some kids behaving badly. Complain to the Police/stewards/club, whining on hear is not going to get you anywhere....

Last edited:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
How do they get tickets, it's hard enough if you aren't a STH. As Ladygull says, she knows some like them, never set foot inside the Amex.

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
On the walk back to the station there were loads of lads smashing side mirrors off cars. Thought it was well out of order.

This really fucks me off. Someone did it to my car not so long ago - winds me right up

BHANic

May 9, 2008
Burgess Hill
Agreed. I had an older teen in front of me who was up and down off his seat, disappearing then coming back, not paying a huge amount of attention to the match and was generally very distracting. He was so angry and inciting in his chanting and hand gestures that he looked like he was about to murder someone! I also saw kids between about 16 and 25 on the walk back to the station yanking at wind mirrors and kicking cars. I was embarrased to be walking amongst them. I know it could have been worse and it was only a small minority but I hate the label it puts on our club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here