Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Rock (the film)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Anyone old enough to remember the filming of "Oh What a Lovely War" around Brighton circa 1968 ? I recall a whole hillside in Ovingdean being covered in white crosses - just for the closing sequence and Sheepcote Valley Tip doubling for the trenches on the Western Front. Also saw filming taking place at the end of the West Pier. Super film too if a bit surreal.

I went to Sheepcote Valley when they were picking out extras , IIRC they were paid 30s (£1.50) a day. I was only 8 at the time and still remember the stench that used to emanate from the rotting piles of rubbish.

Anyone old enough to remember the filming of "Oh What a Lovely War" around Brighton circa 1968 ? I recall a whole hillside in Ovingdean being covered in white crosses - just for the closing sequence and Sheepcote Valley Tip doubling for the trenches on the Western Front. Also saw filming taking place at the end of the West Pier. Super film too if a bit surreal.

funniest bit is that a southdown double decker can be seen pootling along the skyline, during the Battle of the Somme! (well, Sheepcote valley!):eek::ohmy::laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here