Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Roadside Grass verges vs Democratic Rep of Congo

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Off Topic and very Victor Meldrew I know but has anyone noticed the state of the grass at the edge of roads all over Brighton!

Go anywhere near them and be sure to take your trusty Scythe and Jungle Survival Kit.

Ashamed to say I voted Green last time out. When is the earliest opportunity to get them out?

HoveSaint

Nov 19, 2011
Off Topic and very Victor Meldrew I know but has anyone noticed the state of the grass at the edge of roads all over Brighton!

Go anywhere near them and be sure to take your trusty Scythe and Jungle Survival Kit.

Ashamed to say I voted Green last time out. When is the earliest opportunity to get them out?

I voted Green too. And our verges here in Hove are splendidly kept. But then they would be, wouldn't they ;) And Hove park is a delight, very tidy and clean

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
They may well argue that this is very green and providing 'nature reserves' all over the City.

Of course it doesn't work on those verges that have already become the personal parking space (dirt track) for the nearest car owner.

HoveSaint

Nov 19, 2011
the council needs to get some sheep down from the downs to keep them trim and proper. and I hope the rozzas have caught the plonkas who have been fly tipping up by the golf course. Disgusting.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Adur's the same, Worthing has been bad, but they were doing the verge opposite Brooklands on Saturday

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Apparently the contract for the upkeep of verges and weed control on pavements has been halved.

I will happily mow the verge outside my home, but many won't. Weedkilling is now only once a year, that is bloody rubbish! :angry:

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I get the impression there wont be any road resurfacing going on anytime soon either. Case in point, lewes rd, might be disruptive but jesus christ how uneven is that road?

HoveSaint

Nov 19, 2011
I get the impression there wont be any road resurfacing going on anytime soon either. Case in point, lewes rd, might be disruptive but jesus christ how uneven is that road?

pot hole in old shoreham road by your old ground has been there for months. bloomin dangerous position too.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Personally I think if you're too lazy to mow the verge outside your house yourself then you should stop complaining. There are cost cutting measures that are good ( as this one is ) and ones that are bad ( too many to mention ). That said I wouldn't be voting Green again either.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I thought the community payback scheme would have been used to tidy up and maintain the grass verges. Why can't they use all the benefit scroungers to do this and litter pick as well ? They should be forced to do a minimum of 4 weeks "workfare" every six months if they want to keep their benefits.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I thought the community payback scheme would have been used to tidy up and maintain the grass verges. Why can't they use all the benefit scroungers to do this and litter pick as well ? They should be forced to do a minimum of 4 weeks "workfare" every six months if they want to keep their benefits.

A lot of these jobs come with 'elf & safety issues!

seagullsoveroxon

Jun 19, 2011
Its the same up here in Abingdon oxon , a COMPLETE JOKE ! Our street verges are over grown and our parks and greens are like meadows !! I have been onto our council who have past the buck to the city council and told me that there is no money to weed the verges not even once or twice a year ! I have written to my local MP who did send me a nice letter from the house of commons saying she is looking into it !! I have now taken it into my own hands with the help of a neighbour and weeded our street !! I still find it hard to beleive that our estate of 500 homes paying £1600 approx council tax per year can`t have a bit of attention now and again !! But i suppose our money props up banks and pays for unemployed fathers of 17 and 60 stone teenage girls !! I am not a bored OAP or a VICTOR MELDREW i am a hardworking 46 year old just wanting a bit of value for money !! :(

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

ESCC have been doing a lot of resurfacing recently, although the roads they have done have needed doing for a good few years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here