Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton reject £1.75m Bridcutt bid from rivals Palace

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Every club is a selling club if the price is right . I think we will go higher but wether it will temp you is another matter .

You are right, everyone has their price. What price would it take for you to ..f.uck...off from NSC.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Is it ? For a player who we signed for free, and has what 18 months left tops ?

What does it matter how much he signed for, it's what he's worth now that counts. 18 months of Liam Bridcutt is worth more to us than £2.8m, let alone anyone else.

Nigel's Mate

Sep 1, 2013
Chabolah must be worth 100m seeing as Chelsea just gave him a new 5 year deal and Bridcutt got released...

Every club is a selling club if the price is right . I think we will go higher but wether it will temp you is another matter .

You're right of course, every club is a selling club if the price is right. And pretty well every player would go anywhere if the price is right.

People who say Bridcutt won't go to Palace are deluding themselves. Rivalries mean bugger all to players, certainly ones at the early stages of their careers. Bridcut would go to Palace or anywhere else (a) if he wanted to (b) if we wanted to sell him and (b) if the price was right for both clubs.

Barnes I don't know, I got the impression he was pretty well settled down south. Would Burnley be attractive to him? He divides opinion here, personally I think he's a good player and we should keep him. But if we do get another decent striker even on loan, or when CMS is fit, then his options may be limited. Poyet played him in midfield and he did a good job there but Oscar has a few more midfielders to choose from.

But my main point is that no longer do we sell anybody at any price. We can afford to play hard to get.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
4 hours 42 minutes for the Nigels to find some more cash.

Perhaps they'll dip into the Selhurst redevelopment pot.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Poor little nigels, they thought they was going to get Vaz Te looks like he is off to Norwich. They can only seem to get players no one else is after.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Chalobah had the opportunity to show what a big talent he was by going out on loan to Watford - Bridcutt didnt get that and was immediately released.

Bridcutt also went on loan to Watford. Then he was released and had a trial with Palace who also rejected him.

You're right of course, every club is a selling club if the price is right. And pretty well every player would go anywhere if the price is right.

People who say Bridcutt won't go to Palace are deluding themselves. Rivalries mean bugger all to players, certainly ones at the early stages of their careers. Bridcut would go to Palace or anywhere else (a) if he wanted to (b) if we wanted to sell him and (b) if the price was right for both clubs.

Barnes I don't know, I got the impression he was pretty well settled down south. Would Burnley be attractive to him? He divides opinion here, personally I think he's a good player and we should keep him. But if we do get another decent striker even on loan, or when CMS is fit, then his options may be limited. Poyet played him in midfield and he did a good job there but Oscar has a few more midfielders to choose from.

But my main point is that no longer do we sell anybody at any price. We can afford to play hard to get.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here