Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton reject £1.75m Bridcutt bid from rivals Palace

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
A non scoring defensive midfielder from the championship is not worth £10 mill.

He's certainly worth nearer to £10m than £1.75m any day if the week but more so on one of the 2 most expensive days of the season

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Bridcutt is the best holding Midfielder in the Championship and would walk into about 5 or 6 Prem teams. Much much better teams than Palace.
Regardless of the silly price, why would Bridcutt sign for Palace on say a 2 or 3 year deal and then find himself back in the Championship next season?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Rumour is we're getting Chalobah on a seasons loan.
Might give Forest a free run at Bridcutt.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Always looked quite impressive when I've seen him. Does this mean Williams wont play much (I have him in my Fantasy team)......

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Realised that £2 mil is your ceiling eh?
Best you go for loans. Don't want to be lumbered by lots of Prem contracts next year

albionite

May 20, 2009

Would be a good signing, but sounds of desperation looks like you are trying after everyone. Perhaps you should of started to go after these players a few weeks ago. Oh wait you have and they all turned you down.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
Oooh I don't know. Derby maybe? Reading?

I recently read a thread on here that claimed Joel Ward is barely Championship standard, yet he's been our best defender by a mile so far and kept a full Italy international in his pocket on Saturday. Considering the majority of you regularly go to Arsenal and Liverpool matches I'm surprised about your lack of Premier League knowledge.

when you get anything even near our gates you can comment ........................ its south london thats full of arsenal/liverpool shirts/fans as you well know firestarter

Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 1h
My understanding is Forest asked about Bridcutt off the back of original Palace bid, were firmly told not for sale and made no offer. #bhafc

Naylor gets a lot of flack on here mainly from people who have no idea which way is up. But I'll believe him a lot more than I would most other rumours. If he says the club told Forest "firmly" Bridcutt is not for sale that's good enough for me.

I don't believe we would sell Bridcutt unless (a) he wanted to go (there's been no sign of that) or (b) someone made an offer we couldn't refuse.

And I think it even less likely we'd sell Ulloa. Yes we all know he has great potential but unlike Bridcutt he hasn't produced the goods over an extended period - yet. So I certainly don't think he'd want to go and I think it even less likely that someone would pay silly money.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Naylor gets a lot of flack on here mainly from people who have no idea which way is up. But I'll believe him a lot more than I would most other rumours. If he says the club told Forest "firmly" Bridcutt is not for sale that's good enough for me.

I don't believe we would sell Bridcutt unless (a) he wanted to go (there's been no sign of that) or (b) someone made an offer we couldn't refuse.

And I think it even less likely we'd sell Ulloa. Yes we all know he has great potential but unlike Bridcutt he hasn't produced the goods over an extended period - yet. So I certainly don't think he'd want to go and I think it even less likely that someone would pay silly money.

Correct!

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Which part of we don't want to sell to you do you not get. Brain dead.

What if we offered £10 mill ?
Would TB turn it down on principle ? Of course he bloody wouldn't !!
If the valuation is met, he will go, Palace or not .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here