Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Reading fans FFS

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wilts said:

Don't want me to reel out Brian Clough's "footballing region" quotes about Brighton do you!?! :p

If you like it's the closest you'll get to having a real legend as a manager, even if you have got a regulary half empty shiny new stadium :lol:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
RoyalAli said:
He didn't gob off.
The West Ham fans were singing at us "we've got your manager", a different Reading fan said that they can keep him, He was told to "shut up", then another one said that we've got his mentor, and he got a punch in the face.
Not gobbing off, just making a comment that signalled that we're not really bothered by it any more, and that we're happy with our new manager.

No one deserves to be hit, but when you are in that situation it is better just to keep your head down, rather than argue the point. I guess his age did not help.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Icy Gull said:
If you like it's the closest you'll get to having a real legend as a manager, even if you have got a regulary half empty shiny new stadium :lol:

Not a big fan of your own manager then? :wave:

I bet Brian Clough really looks back on his "career" as Brighton manager with pride ;)

We don't need to get in legends, we create history not pretend that things like having Mr Clough as a manager are important. Otherwise I could argue that our last England player is one still getting called up now, and that it was only after his experience at RFC that he got called up. But I won't... :p

As for our future, "Whoa, we're halfway there" (c) Jon Bon Jovi, 1986.

P.S. Ali, don't worry about West Ham, they'll be below us in all aspects (probably only about 40% of the way there so far) in a couple of years.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
RoyalAli said:
He didn't gob off.
The West Ham fans were singing at us "we've got your manager", a different Reading fan said that they can keep him, He was told to "shut up", then another one said that we've got his mentor, and he got a punch in the face.

Must be the first recorded instance of anybody using the word 'mentor' at a match. Probably got punched for being a student.

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
Wilts said:
Also that their idea of a "band scene" clearly forgot the Womad and Reading festivals...

Don't want me to reel out Brian Clough's "footballing region" quotes about Brighton do you!?! :p

Two festivals do not a band scene make. Festivals are largely huge commercial ventures with little to do with where they are staged, unlike regular local clubs and events.

Oh, go on then, I love reading quotes from that pissed old barnpot.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Wilts said:
2nd number of fans to Wembley too (only Arsenal had more when they played at home there).

Ask Berkshire Seagull, he was a Reading fan that day in 1988! :lolol:
Most certainly was!!!!!
£2.50 coach fare from dee road estate:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here