Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton offer contract to ORIENT forward

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Brighton are one of SIX clubs to offer Jabo Ibehre a contract. One of the others is Southend.

He has also been offered a trial by Norwich.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why the f*** do we need him? I'd have thought we were fairly strong up front.

Mind you, I'm guessing Wilkins knows this, which makes me think there must be a fairly tidy WAR CHEST for the rest of the squad.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Maybe he'll go to Southend, and we'll sign that fella Revell?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

I disagree, I don't think any of the options off the bench, Dixon and Gatting look like scoring goals on a regular basis. We need someone who can offer at least 8 or 9 goals a season coming from a backup striker position, to add to the hopeful high teens tally for each of Murray and Forster. Gargan might well be that player but he hasn't had enough time yet to show anything. Revell would have been perfect as the 3rd option after Murray and Forster.

We were after Ibehre in the Jan 07 transfer window if my memory serves me correctly so Wilkins must have been a long time fan of the player and had him watched closely in the last 18 months.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I disagree, I don't think any of the options off the bench, Dixon and Gatting look like scoring goals on a regular basis. We need someone who can offer at least 8 or 9 goals a season coming from a backup striker position, to add to the hopeful high teens tally for each of Murray and Forster.
No way. We won the TITLE with 9 goals from Lee Steele, and the mountain of goals from that strike partner of his whose name escapes me. I don't remember any other striker contributing anything of note in that season.

Not saying it wouldn't be nice to have though, and I think chasing this player may prove that major strengthening across the entire squad is on the cards.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This must be bollocks, everyone knows the Albion offer contracts to players two days BEFORE the season starts not 2 days after it's finished :shrug:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
No way. We won the TITLE with 9 goals from Lee Steele, and the mountain of goals from that strike partner of his whose name escapes me. I don't remember any other striker contributing anything of note in that season.

Not saying it wouldn't be nice to have though, and I think chasing this player may prove that major strengthening across the entire squad is on the cards.

sure we had rogers + chippy on respectable figures though ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This must be bollocks, everyone knows the Albion offer contracts to players two days BEFORE the season starts not 2 days after it's finished :shrug:

Is that when DK gets back from HOLIDAY because his MOBILE phone is always OFF :angry: :angry: :angry:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
might be worth a punt on him. Only 25 years old , only had 1 club so maybe a change will do him good. His record isnt actually to bad compared to Baz and we managed to turn him round.

Looks a bit more of a player than Gatting and Dixon from what I've seen

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Mind you, I'm guessing Wilkins knows this, which makes me think there must be a fairly tidy WAR CHEST for the rest of the squad.

More to the point why are Southend after him??? They've got plenty of options up-front, oh... wait, maybe they realised the pile of shit they bought in January for 150k is going to get absolutely no where.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here