Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Marathon - Post Race Thread

The starting gun is not till 9.00 a.m. however, this thread is for everyone who is or has been party to the marathon in some way.

Have you helped out on the day? - Stewarding, performing or supporting?

Have you been effected in any way? - Road closures, Been/going to a street party?

Are you a local business & have been effected? Positively or Negatively?
e.g. taxi driver, shop owner, cafe/restaurant,hotel/guest house?

Are you supporting any one? Where are you planning to be on route or where were you on route? Did the event have a good atmosphere?

Suggestions to improve the event for future years? Or do you wish it never happened in the first place?

Are you a runner & if so how was it for you? What was your time & thoughts of the race/entertainment/support etc?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Good luck everybody.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Don't know if they'd have to delay the start because at 8am today, they were queueing to get to the University park and ride at Falmer right back to the Stanmer park entrance and they were'nt moving at all.

What a fantastic day! The public support all around the course was awsome & the atmosphere was brilliant. I cannot believe how many people watched the race. Having run many races around the world the support was far better than
many other capital cities.

Today I am even more proud than usual to be a brightonian

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Anybody know if Tone complete the course in under 4hrs ?

yep, he did. I passed him in the last mile and offered a word of encouragement and he replied that he was happy to be arriving sub-4 hours.

I promptly shot my bolt and trailed in well behind him! He was looking very strong even at that point

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
As a supporter I thought today was brilliant, great atmosphere all along the seafront. I wanna sign up for next year! Saw TB and Norman cross the line, and enjoyed booing at some guy with a Chelsea shirt on. Asking for it!

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I finished in about 4:45, and am very happy with that. Got the mother of all blisters on my toe though, might lose a nail.

Saw 2 brighton kits, 1 pink one by Ovingdean and a white one by hove lawns. That anyone here?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The pink one may have been Andy Rumble.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I stood and applauded them in Southwick for 2 hours. It was all a huge effort however and my legs started to ache badly near the end. Thats me done for another year.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
The support from the crowd was absolutely amazing. Gave me such a lift. Wish I wrote my name on my shirt now, as the crowd just shouted out "come on Nike" when people we running. And people handing out jelly beans? I salute you! It was incredible.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Top effort to those that had a bash, i saw some guys and gals in there 60s at least having a go so i think its time i got my plimsoles and pop sox on and give it a whirl next year, Good news on the under 4hr mark for TB, slays the bookies again :thumbsup:

Sock

Apr 17, 2010
Brighton
I had quite a few mates out there today.

The quickest one was 3:25, but he is a very experienced runner, all the others did it between 4-5 hours. One did it 5:35, or something like that though

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've been watching from both ends of my road (Osborne Villas). I had the 16 and 19 mile points at the top end, and 21 and 24 at the other.

It has been a fantastic day. A brilliant day. The support and enthusiasm from the crowds has been second to none. There has been a real buzz around the city. It must have been a great race to compete in. And it has been really nice having all the roads around where I live closed off.

I saw Danny Mills, got a wave off Bloom after a chorus of Seagulls and a high-five off Fatboy.

Congratulations to all those who took part.

Oh, I loved the marathon t-shirts I saw on display this morning "It's all about me". Quite.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
What a brilliant day.

I finished in 4.50ish which I was initially disappointed with (I pulled my hamstring after 19 miles and walked most of the rest) but on reflection I'm pretty pleased with that.

The support from the crowd was brilliant - I got 30 "come on andys" and 120 "come on seagulls" (I was wearing my pink Albion top.)

Big thanks to the many people on here who gave me encouragement along the route.

Very sore and a bit sunburnt - well done to all who took part.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here