Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Marathon - 18th April 2010.

Will make a decision Friday night; see if I feel I have a chance of walking the 26. Just don't know what to do about the sponsorship money collected if I can't? Tempted to just enter another event and ask people to carry donations forward?

If you are not up for the marathon but want to run one because of the sponsorship raised may I suggest The Doyen of The Downs. It's on dec 4th & cross country from arundel. The training that you will have done for beachy will put you in good stead. Entries close end of this month. Go to Sussex races web site for an app. It is 30 miles but is easier than beachy. I'll be there all being well

MrMan

Apr 24, 2009
Cheers - have just had a look at that and could be the ticket. Either that or trying Brighton fell followed the week after by Brighton flat? Am in flat already. Was really looking forward to Beachy.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Danny Mills (ex-Leeds, Man City, England etc...) is going to do next years Brighton Marathon in a wheelchair for two seperate charities... He's talking about it on Soccer AM now!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How have other marathon runners got round the crap weather in order to train. I've been lucky, central London has been *almost* devoid of snow for most of the period, so I've been running regularly there.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
How have other marathon runners got round the crap weather in order to train. I've been lucky, central London has been *almost* devoid of snow for most of the period, so I've been running regularly there.

Shocking.

Not been able to get outside once yet in this weather, hoping to start outdoors training again on monday.

Getting sick of looking at mcdoanlds from gym?

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Haven't done any training yet
Planned to start 1st week in jan but with the snow only managed to do 1 run
Must admit have been lax since that lump Eddie Izzard did shed loads of marathons after doing no training at all
I've done 2 marathons before both around the 4hr30 mark with 5 months training before hand so i ain't no world beater for sure
Will get cracking soon as otherwise wont be fit enough in time for April (no pain no gain as they say)

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade

Short answer? I haven't. Not done any training since Barns Green Half at beginning of November.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Short answer? I haven't. Not done any training since Barns Green Half at beginning of November.

That's a nice half that is, I did it a few years back. Really enjoyed it.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i was thinking of entering - then i remembered i would DIE

The answer is flexibility!
Not bragging here but I run a marathon just about each month. The advantage here is that I have reached a general level of fitness so if I have to miss a session due to weather or not feeling well then it won't make much difference.

Swap a rest day for a run if the weather is fine. On bad days rest or train indoors. Also it is rare in this country for a whole day to be poor. So if you normally run in am but the weather is not good run pm or at night?

I was meant to run a marThon last Sunday in Herts. However it was cancelled due to the snow. So instead I will be down in Portland next Sunday to run the marathon there.

Most big marathons are in April such as London, Paris, Boston & Rotterdam so the training needs to commence in January. I have never known a year when weather, injuries or colds etc haven't affected the training. As I say missing a session or two won't make a difference, unless it becomes a habit!

Hope this helps

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here