Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Marathon - 18th April 2010.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
When does the second "first come first served" ballot happen? I think it's November but I don't know the date.

Guess who didn't get his arse into gear and apply on time in the first place; and I *really* want to run this one.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Nasty between miles 5 and 9.

I'm all over the Sussex Beacon half marathon I think. 13 miles seems long enough for me.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I Have horrid pains in my left shin, no training for a while then, I really hope its not shin splints.
Sounds like it could be. Even worse, there really isn't much cure for shin splints apart from rest. :(

Still on for sub 3 hours?

According to this puppy, I should be targetting 2:54:40 so I hope Brighton is a fast course. (I'm running 10k in 39m but targetting 37:30 in the next 6 months)

Track workout pace chart

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Sounds like it could be. Even worse, there really isn't much cure for shin splints apart from rest. :(

Still on for sub 3 hours?

According to this puppy, I should be targetting 2:54:40 so I hope Brighton is a fast course. (I'm running 10k in 39m but targetting 37:30 in the next 6 months)

Track workout pace chart

Im not sure, I think I can do it. but its going to have to improve. my best 16 mile time at the moment is 1hr.52.

Im not really going to up it until after christmas and your brothers birthday, then im going to cut out alcohol.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I asked the event organisers if this traffic free comment was in fact true and they have confirmed that all the roads that are shown on the map and video will be completely closed during this event.
I really do not know how, people will be able to move around the town as this will include public transport.
They also state that alternative routes for traffic have not yet been decided.
I can see utter chaos in the city for this day, far worse than Pride, the Bike ride or the veteran car run.
Don't get me wrong here as I think it is a great idea, but surely this will restrict people being able to get to the town to watch the event?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
anyone know if its on TELE?

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
There is also a Brighton cross country marathon. It will be in March 2010 and a full 26.2 miler. It has not been widely advertised as it is almost all off road & an inaugral event

I wonder where that's being run? There's the Beachy Head every autumn, it's pretty grim

MrMan

Apr 24, 2009
Was all set for Beachy Head on Saturday (1st marathon) - slipped a disc in my back last night.

Gutted.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
It's ok until you hit the seven sisters, then the wheels come off, so you're probably doing yourself a favour!

Good luck Mr Foster

MrMan

Apr 24, 2009
Will make a decision Friday night; see if I feel I have a chance of walking the 26. Just don't know what to do about the sponsorship money collected if I can't? Tempted to just enter another event and ask people to carry donations forward?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here