Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton lose bank funding for Falmer, or something similar

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
I'm getting the distinct impression this is untrue. Seems to me that eitehr something would have been leaked and other people heard something along these lines - seems very unlikely only you owuld hear it. Or it would have been anounced.

Also, if theyre putting up 40 million I doubt they would have been willing to spend what they did in January...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Isn't "Steve Foster" just another one of bhadeb's alter egos?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I recall something Lord B said about it being illegal for the banks to pull out now. I may have got the wrong end of the stick though.

I went to a Fancy Dinner last night and NO WORD OF A LIE - Orlando BLOOM said he's fronting £40m for Falmer....BRILLIANT!

what a HUNK!

orlando-bloom.jpg

That confirms it - Orlando Bloom and David Beckham are the same person, except as Beckham he's starring in 'Lord of The Rectangles'.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
This is absolute bollocks and a very poor wind up !!!

The stadium is being built and will be owned by a new limited company. The FA have NO say over whether it's built or not - at worse they could pull any funding they are linked to. The only limited companies they have any authority over are the football clubs that apply to play in the leagues who then have to abide by FA rules.

As the club are only tenants - i.e. they will effectively be renting it - the FA have no say ! They could try an prevent the club playing it's games somewhere else but what would be the point of that ???

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
The FA will not allow the stadium to be built until the funding is in place & secured. From what I gather the club thought that the funding was in place, however as the banks one by one have fallen away from their commitments, this has left a gaping hole! To allow the works to proceed the FA have requested that the funds are in place, baring in mind that the Albion are receiving all sorts of grants. The Bloom family have had to put £40m of their own money in the FA - BHA Account.

I perish to think what the alternative would have been!

Most of what you've written is total tosh. Why wouldn't the FA allow construction? If the ground is being built and managed by a separate company,the FA will only be involved when the ground is ready to be built, to see if it meets requirements etc.

With your comment about banks falling away from their commitments, well has a bank actually commited to Falmer? From what I can make out, they were starting in the Infrastructure anyway, because they already have funding from this from SEEDA, but the club directors were 99% sure they'd get the funding in place for the ground.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I imagine that the funding has been in place from 'banks' for about 10 years now. Contracts signed.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It's up the A27, past the Uni right turn to Woodingdean. Look to your right and there;s a muddy field full of diggers. You have found it.:thumbsup:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Would have hoped that - even if true - this was not the kind of thing to be bandied about at fancy functions ???

Well, you know what these fancy functions are like - this was probably just mentioned as a polite aside as the whips and jack boots were being readied. :rolleyes:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The FA will not allow the stadium to be built until the funding is in place & secured.

Erm....bollocks.

The FA do not have, nor have they ever had, any say in whether we're "allowed" to build the stadium or not, it simply (and literally) is not their business to give or refuse that kind of permission.

Planning permission was granted by the government, as a condition of which we had to demonstrate to their satisfaction that the funding arrangements were concrete and locked in place. Given that they gave their consent, clearly we did this.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Why bring bha deb into this - she dosen't even know who Steve Foster is - When have the club confirmed that the funding has/is in place for the stadium?

ITS PART OF THE PLANNING PERMISION!!

(sorry to shout!)

We would not have got the permision if the funding was not in place. It was 'confirmed' at last weeks council meeting for the 'house keeping' planning aplication.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
This sounds like a load of rubbish. However, if the Blooms do pay for it, so what? They are Brighton through and through, so what is the problem? Brighton haven't lost it, if anything, they have gained more of it than we were going to originally.

Last edited:

deano seagulls

May 11, 2008
ITS PART OF THE PLANNING PERMISION!!

(sorry to shout!)

We would not have got the permision if the funding was not in place. It was 'confirmed' at last weeks council meeting for the 'house keeping' planning aplication.

What with the statement "funding is in place" with whom - I can confirm to people who I bank with and who my mortgage is with - Why don't the club confirm who the funding is with - good publicity for the bank and the club wouldn't it be ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here