Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton lose bank funding for Falmer, or something similar

Last night I went to a fancy function and learnt from a member of the Bloom Falmer that the Albion have lost FALMER as the funding from the Banks has not materialised.

However, the Bloom family have put a debenture of £40 million with the FA of their own money into their account. This allows the club to proceed with the stadium.

The Bloom family are actively seeking finance for the ground, otherwise they will own it with their own funds!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
How can they LOSE Falmer?

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
I'm not sure whether to panic or not?

Is the stadium at risk? It seems that the worst case scenario is that the stadium would be privately owned. Is that bad? I suppose that does mean the Blooms could sell it from under us at any point....now that sounds familiar.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Last night I went to a fancy function and learnt from a member of the Bloom Falmer that the Albion have lost FALMER as the funding from the Banks has not materialised.

However, the Bloom family have put a debenture of £40 million with the FA of their own money into their account. This allows the club to proceed with the stadium.

The Bloom family are actively seeking finance for the ground, otherwise they will own it with their own funds!

Even if this is true, the only thing that the ground can be used for under the planning permission is football. Since the Blooms are directors at Brighton we have hardly lost it, just that we will not own it.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Even if this is true, the only thing that the ground can be used for under the planning permission is football. Since the Blooms are directors at Brighton we have hardly lost it, just that we will not own it.

We won't own it either way. It will be owned by the Stadium company.

The FA will not allow the stadium to be built until the funding is in place & secured. From what I gather the club thought that the funding was in place, however as the banks one by one have fallen away from their commitments, this has left a gaping hole! To allow the works to proceed the FA have requested that the funds are in place, baring in mind that the Albion are receiving all sorts of grants. The Bloom family have had to put £40m of their own money in the FA - BHA Account.

I perish to think what the alternative would have been!

I'm not sure whether to panic or not?

Is the stadium at risk? It seems that the worst case scenario is that the stadium would be privately owned. Is that bad? I suppose that does mean the Blooms could sell it from under us at any point....now that sounds familiar.

The stadium should not be at risk as I understand that under FA rules a Chairman can not be allowed for a league club if their business is gambling, which of course is what the Bloom family do re their on line gambling interests.

I suspect the position will be as now. That Knight or some other front man will be in place with the Bloom family behind him?

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Actually; if true I think I'm rather relieved; given the current economic situation. I just want the bloody thing built and who finances it is rather secondary as far as I'm concerned. The club was never actually going to own the stadium anyway; was it?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So what you have named this thread as is completely untrue as Brighton has not lost Falmer at all.

Personally I think who ever told you this is talking shit

So what you have named this thread as is completely untrue as Brighton has not lost Falmer at all.

Personally I think who ever told you this is talking shit

Okay - Brighton lose Falmer, but the Blooms gain Falmer (may have been more appropriate).

As to the validity of this statement. It is true. Whether or not it is a good or bad thing for the Albion I couldn't say. Though the Bloom family have been behind the financing and running of the club for year's, so I suspect a good thing.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just because someone told you something does not mean it is true.

Why not ask insider then ?

Also the FA rule about funding is farcical bearing in the mind the time the FA took to re-build Wembley.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The Banks would need Guarantors for any money they lent. As until the Stadium is built there are no assets. This is normal business practice. I used to be M.D. of a club and we had to provide Guarantors for the Bank. So no money changes hands only a piece of paper is sighned, which says I will cough up X amount if the account goes tits up. Or words to that effect.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Do the Blooms have £40 million though ? I never realised that they were so rich ! We should be in the Premier League with that kind of money available ! Knight out :angry:

:jester:

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Okay - Brighton lose Falmer, but the Blooms gain Falmer (may have been more appropriate).

As to the validity of this statement. It is true. Whether or not it is a good or bad thing for the Albion I couldn't say. Though the Bloom family have been behind the financing and running of the club for year's, so I suspect a good thing.

You want to try getting your facts 100% correct, and in line, before starting shit and alarmist threads like this. :nono:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I dont know what to Blooming believe anymore.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
As part of the planning permission all those years ago, Brighton had to prove that the funding was in place befour they could start to built the stadium. Included the 'new' planning permission that was given ONLY last week. I heard it with my own ears from Martin Perry on the coucil webcast meeting.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th

After your pro-Israeli bullshit over the last few weeks I'm guessing it must have been a 'Jewish Friends of the Albion' type of fancy function!!

Dont believe a word you say, mate!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I went to a Fancy Dinner last night and NO WORD OF A LIE - Orlando BLOOM said he's fronting £40m for Falmer....BRILLIANT!

what a HUNK!

orlando-bloom.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here