Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brighton linked to shipperly

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
taken from
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/Article.asp?id=290664

Brighton & Hove Albion have joined the hunt for Crystal Palace's unwanted striker Neil Shipperley.

The 30-year-old has been told he can leave Selhurst Park after learning he is not in Iain Dowie's plans for next season.

Shipperley was stunned to discover he can move on and has now started the search for a new club.

The experienced front man is hoping to stay in The Championship and there are believed to be four clubs on his trail.

Reports claim that Burnley, Plymouth Argyle and Sheffield United have all discussed a possible deal for Shipperley.

But Brighton could nip in and snatch Shipperley from their arch-rivals, with Seagulls boss Mark McGhee looking to pep up his attack.

A move to The Withdean Stadium would allow Shipperley to stay near the capital and he will hope McGhee follows through with his interest.

SKY BET

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
At first sight it looks like it could be a good idea to go for him. He'll certainly be fired up to show Dowie he's got something to offer. On the other hand, I saw something about him being off form and not really trying. And that's before we even discuss his salary demands.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
would be a good adition, but is he the target man we have been looking for?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I've been saying Shipperly for some time.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
And Ward was?

And Zamora was?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Scotty M said:
would be a good adition, but is he the target man we have been looking for?

I reckon so. Think he could be a good addition. He has something to prove now after being snubbed by Dowie. Plus, would he be an automatic starter at Burnely/Plymouth/Sheffield? He said in the paper he wants first team football. I think, provided we have the cash, he'd favour a move to us.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I reckon we can afford him, we haven't done badly with Palarse rejects in the past and unlike Jolly Shipperly isn't injury prone

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What about Mulryne, he can play on the left.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
bhaexpress said:
I reckon we can afford him, we haven't done badly with Palarse rejects in the past and unlike Jolly Shipperly isn't injury prone

Quite FAT though.

If we are still after another striker, he could be good as he's experienced unlike the other SIX!:ohmy:

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
Citrus said:
Quite FAT though.

If we are still after another striker, he could be good as he's experienced unlike the other SIX!:ohmy:

mcghee seems to do quite well getting the porkies a bit fitter.

butters for example.

bring in the pie eaters, MM will turn em into lettuce munchers.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Probably be a good signing but he is scum, at least Rodger was a local lad who was a Brighton fan. Can't get excited although I can see he could do a job.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Icy Gull said:
Probably be a good signing but he is scum, at least Rodger was a local lad who was a Brighton fan. Can't get excited although I can see he could do a job.

My sentiments exactly. And if he doesn't initally do well, people would get on his back very quickly because of his connection with the Scum. A bit of a risk.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
king Wombat said:
mcghee seems to do quite well getting the porkies a bit fitter.

butters for example.

bring in the pie eaters, MM will turn em into lettuce munchers.

:lolol:

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
We haven't blown all our money on CKR and McGhee has budgeted for another target man so why not Shipperley? Who cares about the Palace connection?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here