Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton in for Bournemouth's Danny Hollands?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I'm glad we are looking at players such as this rather then has beens that are coming down from the Premier League or into League One from the Championship. I would much rather a young hungry squad of relative unknowns rather than a load of old coasters. It will be much more sustainable as well. I trust Gus to spot the decent players, he has done pretty well at that so far what with Barnes and Bridcutt et al.

And I agree with Icy re. the diving into Bournemouth's, Peterborough's/Huddersfield's and MK Dons's squad, they all have a couple of gems.

Yep, spot on. As always, complete faith in Gus ... but the excitable fan in me would still quite like to see a big name if the right player was available at the right price.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Must admit that I was more interested in Pugh as a potential target when we played them but I remember Hollands as somewhat similar in style to Ryan Harley who we were after from Exeter - covers a lot of ground, can hold the ball and pass well and happy to get forward. Lives[has family reasonably locally (about an hour) so no real issues there and available on a free so clearly within our price bracket :)

Still waiting to hear what is happening about Prince Bauben from Dundee Utd - should hear more about that in the next couple of weeks as contracts come to an end.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
at last a sensible thread abuot sensible targets...........hooray...end of the silly season!! for now.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Just reading on the Bournemouth forum that Hollands' wife is expecting triplets around October time so getting settled quickly if he does move and still being close to family is going to be pretty important to the lad :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We could do worse than cherry pick the best players from the losing play off teams imo, I would imagine that most had set their hearts on playing in the Championship next season until the hammer blow of their team losing in the playoffs happened. They'll be ripe for an offer from a Championship club and probably have the skills to play there?

:lol: :clap:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I would love it if we could get Pilkington, presuming he will be able to regain fitness of course! Brilliant winger with pace to burn and a fantastic shot !
Still only 22 which would fit in with the rest of the squad

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Good player but would like to see a few players with championship experience coming in.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Hollands told the Echo: “There are 22 good players in our dressing room and there will always be clubs that want to sign them because they can do a good job.

“But, hopefully, the chairman and the club can stay together because we want to keep competing as a team.

“But nobody can say what will happen for definite, because people have seen what happened to Josh McQuoid, Brett Pitman and Marvin Bartley. Players get offered a lot of money and it’s like any other job – people can’t have a go at them for leaving.

“I’m like anyone else out of contract. We have talks with the manager today and they will come back with an offer for me I hope.

“I love it in Bournemouth. I have been down here for several years now and my family is just an hour up the road so it’s perfect for me.

“I hope the club will be fair with me so I can stay here, but I can’t say now what the future holds even though I am hoping to still be a Bournemouth player next year.”

I have a feeling we should look at Danny Green of D & R.
He's scored only 10 this season, same as Bas Savage for them - but he's looked good for a couple of seasons, and at 19 years old can jump to a next level. He can also take pens and free kicks.

[yt]A4lRW_GSnzw[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here