Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton. Hypocritical as Reading?

Please correct me if I am wrong (which I hope I am!), but if Brighton get Leroy Rosenior, we will be getting him whilst he is under contract with Torquay.

Dick Knight has said he would not go for someone under contract with another club, and Torquay fans don't want him to leave, nor do the club.

Does anyone know if he is under a contract, or on a weekly basis like Dowie?

I know this is all but's if's and maybe's but what do you think of our chairman if it were to happen?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
He's on a 12 month rolling contract I think. Which is different to a proper contract. Apparantly. :jester:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
He's on a rolling contract WTF that means?

There is also a possibility that Leroy has approached us as opposed to us approaching TUFC?

Agree that it is a tad hypocritical (if true) but now the dust has settled over Coppout and Reddung..........

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Knight said he wouldn't go after a manager under contract but would look at those working on a rolling contract or something. So not hypocritical at all.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Also - I may be wrong here - but I think Leroy has applied for the job whereas MadJetSki wanted to go after Coppell even though he hadn't applied. Two different scenarios in my book

Last edited:

To be honest I couldnt care less.

Reading are as bad as west ham, and after the fuss they made about it they are the real hypocrites. We didnt make a fuss, let that wanker Coppout go.

Simply, if a manager wants to leave, what is the point of making him stay? Rosenior wants the Brighton job. Good lad.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Surely, as long as DK asks the club to speak to the manager its all above board.

I'm not bothered by Majedski talking to SC and SC has every right - European employment law states that.

What I was amazed at more was Mad Maj's reaction to losing Pardew. Throwing his toys out of the pram and saying they couldn't talk to him. What a donkey!

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
I thought the issue with a rolling contract is highlighted by Robson @ Newcastle. He is also on a 12 month rolling which means his 'contract' always has 12 months to run whether it is today, yesterday or tomrrow. This to me is what I would call a rolling contract, so therefore is Leroy on the same thing then?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Josky said:
Rolling or no contract = cheap.

Dick loves it that way.

When will people stop tarring Dick Knight with this brush?

Coppell was not cheap.

See thread yesterday by Seagullsgonnagetya

Micky Adams and Coppout are amongst the top 20 paid managers in the country

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
A rolling contract means that it always has what ever is the rolling period left to run.

So every day that he gets up he is on a 1 year contract. He would be entitled to compensation for the year of his contract left to run if he gets sacked, likewise we would have to pay compensation to the contract holder if he leaves them for us.

You can equate it to really having to give a 1 year notice period and if you wish to leave earlier than your 1 year notice period someone has to pay compensation.

Its a contract but not one any better than any contract that any emploee has and is fairly popular for senior managers in companies so that you can keep your top staff or have plenty of time to replace them.

Yorkie said:
When will people stop tarring Dick Knight with this brush?

Coppell was not cheap.

See thread yesterday by Seagullsgonnagetya

Micky Adams and Coppout are amongst the top 20 paid managers in the country

You might as well save your breath Yorkie. There are too many people on here that will take a pop at Knight at the drop of a hat. I believe we have one of the best if not the best chairman in the league.

God knows what these whingers were like when Archer and Bellotti were here - they must have been apoplectic with rage the whole time if they think Knight is a bad chairman.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The Great Cornholio said:
You might as well save your breath Yorkie. There are too many people on here that will take a pop at Knight at the drop of a hat. I believe we have one of the best if not the best chairman in the league.

God knows what these whingers were like when Archer and Bellotti were here - they must have been apoplectic with rage the whole time if they think Knight is a bad chairman.

They weren't anywhere to be seen...that's why it took so long to get rid of the cnuts:angry:

Now we have had a decent chairman running the club on f*** all and is close to getting us a new stadium he is an easy target-despite winning us 2 titles and getting us back to Brighton..

The three cnuts gave us a couple of relegation parties, made us homeless and arranged for us to call f***ing Gillingham home:angry:

Just what the f*** has DK got to do to please these idiots who do nothing but criticise him from behind their keyboards? :angry:

larus

BB - IMHO, Madjeski was a bit hypocritical in that he moaned about his manager getting poached, but then poached ours. However, in his defence, he asked DK first, and has said that if he was refused permission to talk to SC it would have stopped there (no-one seems to have refuted this).

We have not been hypocritical at all. Have the club complained about the manner of Readings approach? No. DK says he tried to keep SC, but SC was given the option and chose Reading.

Whether that is a sensible thing for DK to have done is a different matter.

Therefore, for us to then approach Torquay and ask to speak to their manager is no different.

Last point (not to you BB), will everyone get off DK's case. FFS, without him we might be out of existence now. We were that close.

Last edited:

ChutneyStirrer

Sep 14, 2003
I can't see that DK would have gone after Leroy..... however I can see Leroy applying for the job and therefore there is no way you can call it poaching.

The answer to your question - NO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here