Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh, and Minteh's passing was the worst aspect of the first half

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Andy Day Face Palm GIF by CBeebies HQ
Well, true at the time. Spurs being very non Spursy.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Also, hopefully very useful for Fab....not just his own education (still incredibly inexperienced at this level), but also regarding the likes of Igor, Lamptey, Webster (maybe), Steele, etc. Great to have had that sort of test against a Premier League club (even much-changed). Also, I think we tend to forget how young some of our players are (huge potential with the right coaching).

Steele rarely lets us down, especially passing.

I wonder if his game fell apart playing with that gash set of defenders?

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
The whole defensive unit given a rest, Ferdi getting minutes. Ferguson had a very good first half which is enormously encouraging and unfortunate not to get a goal. Baleba and Adingra both looking superb. As much as the second half was pretty poor, Wolves were gash and we gifted them both the goals. Cut those mistakes out and job's a good'un. I'm greatly enthused, even if seeing no midfield structure when we play is taking some getting use to 😁
This is about right I think. And a lot of players who haven’t played much recently tired in the second half, understandably. I think we’re also becoming clear on players we need to clear out: Igor, Moder, and we need to upgrade Steele

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Steele is fine as a number 2 keeper playing early round cup games and being able to a job on the rare occasions that the first-choice keeper is unavailable. He’s definitely not good enough to even think about as a regular in the PL and rotating with Verbruggen though.
We all knew that last season, but RDZ too stubborn to admit that it was a case of getting away with it playing him for 15 games in 2022-23, and not a de Zerbi brilliant master-stroke.
TBF, the 'de Zerbi can do no wrong' brigade were equally blind.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
We were lucky wolves didn’t score with every counter with us having most the team left up the pitch. I know this is the risk of fabi ball but in the prem against good sides we will get dicked more often than not

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
There are some positives.

3 very good goals
No obvious injuries, though Minteh did walk off gingerly
Excellent performance by Baleba again. Very decent by Adingra and Hinsh. Ferdi and Wieffer with good cameos
The manager will now know for sure where the squad needs improvement
We're through

There are some negatives

This 8 changes type line up isn't going to get us past a top half PL side
Some calamitous losses of possession. I think every player on the team had at least one dreadful pass giving Wolves possession in a key area. Some players 3 or 4

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We were lucky wolves didn’t score with every counter with us having most the team left up the pitch. I know this is the risk of fabi ball but in the prem against good sides we will get dicked more often than not
Alright, but we've started well in the league against good sides

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Simply I love this stuff under fab there will be times this season where we will get a right tonking but on the other hand we will dish a few out, this is the opposite to potterball im excited for the next few seasons under fab

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
With better strikers on they could have scored more with those incisive attacks.

Estupinan was outpaced many times and/or we seemingly had no cover for that 🤷🏼‍♂️

Hinsh as a defender too, whilst all the supertankers of Igor and Webster could resort to was impeding Wolves far superior athletes breaking through the middle.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Well that was a comedy of errors especially 2nd half. The 1st half we looked pretty good but oh that 2nd half was a bit of a joke. Poor passing at the back nearly cost us the game.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Was pleased when the team was announced - looked as if Hurzeler wasn't going down our traditional league cup line of picking a team to enable us to concentrate on the league.
Made heavy weather of it in the end though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here