Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not that is made any difference to the result but Minteh’s goal probably would have been given with VAR as he looks level with the ball.
I'd give you 'possibly' for sure. Not 'probably' - there isn't enough evidence to tell where Minteh's knee / shoulder is at that moment. Is suspect he'd marginally ahead.

One thing he's not is level. Nothing is level is VAR terms :down:

Has there been anything other than the main angle on this, btw, to tell whether Ferguson's shot was going to go in, if Minteh had just left it?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Correct and after a shocking second half I still have the same question marks over the same players with the exception of Hinshelwood who looked much better in midfield.

He is not a left or right back.

Agree with you on that at least.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I thought Pervis wasn't great last night. He was also poor when he came on against Arsenal. Hope he gets back to his best soon.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Wolves demolished us second half, cutting through at will.
I'm not sure they demolished us, they certainly shaded it but we didn't get out of first gear and they played probably as good as they could ever play. THat's the frustration for me, against such limited opposition we didn't move through the gears and put the game to bed.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'd give you 'possibly' for sure. Not 'probably' - there isn't enough evidence to tell where Minteh's knee / shoulder is at that moment. Is suspect he'd marginally ahead.

One thing he's not is level. Nothing is level is VAR terms :down:

Has there been anything other than the main angle on this, btw, to tell whether Ferguson's shot was going to go in, if Minteh had just left it?
In real-time I thought it was going wide :shrug:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Fair enough. Always good to sleep on something. I only saw from 60 mins yesterday but in the last 30 and definitely for the second goal you have a point.

The problem may actually be Steele. We haven't really done what you describe when Bart's been in goal. But also Dunk and JPvH are a settled partnership. Igor and Webster only get run outs in these cup games so they have less 'pitch time' with the forwards.

Nevertheless, it is up to the Head Coach to set whoever is starting up for success in training and remind them what is needed in game. RDZ had his loud whistle. Maybe Fab needs someone to go down with a little knock so he can get a message in.
Until the f*** up Steele had a very good game imo

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Fair enough. Always good to sleep on something. I only saw from 60 mins yesterday but in the last 30 and definitely for the second goal you have a point.

The problem may actually be Steele. We haven't really done what you describe when Bart's been in goal. But also Dunk and JPvH are a settled partnership. Igor and Webster only get run outs in these cup games so they have less 'pitch time' with the forwards.

Nevertheless, it is up to the Head Coach to set whoever is starting up for success in training and remind them what is needed in game. RDZ had his loud whistle. Maybe Fab needs someone to go down with a little knock so he can get a message in.
I actually had that exact thought about Bart and Steele, but deleted it because don't want to be seen to be Steele bashing and the sample size is so small. But yes, I think we become more RDZ-lite with Steele.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here