Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Expecting our usual tame exit from this competition, where we've never troubled the final planners in all our years.

But let's see. Perhaps we're serious about silverware.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Interesting comment:
  • On striker Evan Ferguson, who has not started for Brighton since March: "He doesn't have to show me what he can do because I know what his potential is. He has the full package for a striker. It is important he integrates in our style of play and follows our principles."
Not sure if it's just translation / reporting - but sounds a little as though he feels Ferguson has to adapt?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Interesting comment:
  • On striker Evan Ferguson, who has not started for Brighton since March: "He doesn't have to show me what he can do because I know what his potential is. He has the full package for a striker. It is important he integrates in our style of play and follows our principles."
Not sure if it's just translation / reporting - but sounds a little as though he feels Ferguson has to adapt?
Yeah like I've mentioned in the thread about Evan, we're using our striker a lot different now than before. Rather than waiting for the team to move up and then find the best space in the penalty box to make the most of our possession, our striker is now supposed to start off from central midfield area and get the ball when running towards their goal. Something he as a big lad probably haven't done too much in his youth football days.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Yeah like I've mentioned in the thread about Evan, we're using our striker a lot different now than before. Rather than waiting for the team to move up and then find the best space in the penalty box to make the most of our possession, our striker is now supposed to start off from central midfield area and get the ball when running towards their goal. Something he as a big lad probably haven't done too much in his youth football days.
This would never have worked with undav !!

I'm not sure if this is fergies game either tbh.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
This would never have worked with undav !!

I'm not sure if this is fergies game either tbh.
I think Fergie could pick it up. Haaland wasn't making a lot of deep runs before joining Dortmund but he added it to his game, don't see why Fergie couldn't do the same thing.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think Fergie could pick it up. Haaland wasn't making a lot of deep runs before joining Dortmund but he added it to his game, don't see why Fergie couldn't do the same thing.
Agreed. He'll also have to press out of possession. As well as adapting his game as you say, I took FH's comment to mean there is still some need to improve his overall fitness. Not surprising given length of layoff.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Agreed. He'll also have to press out of possession. As well as adapting his game as you say, I took FH's comment to mean there is still some need to improve his overall fitness. Not surprising given length of layoff.
He had no problem with closing down defenders before his injury. He looks 95% fit and in the EPL you can't get away with that. Hardly surprising and in reality he's still in pre-season fitness and form. Needs games.

brighton-supplement-2.jpg

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Very quiet here at the Hawthornes - record low attendance? Never mind, at least I made the effort to be at the ground ready to cheer the lads on!

1-4 to the Albion - Rutter hat-trick, Georginio with a header and a Dunky free-kick.

They won’t be boing-boinging for long!

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I'm on my way to the Swan for (hopefully) a burger, first. I won't be drinking though otherwise there's a good chance I won't leave the pub. Onwards Albion! See you all there.

Midget

Amexgemeinschaftsstadionhallebierschluckerinchen
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Apparently the Lewes line has reopened but still delays. Trains from the West are even worse from the look of it. Hope everyone makes it in time for kickoff.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Adapting train plans en-route

Currently on East Croydon to Lewes train.

Ticket isn't valid, hopefully i don't encounter wnt ticket inspectors.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here